WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW?

benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Dialouge fixing, etc for Dreamwalker.
Working on the very first boss of my new game. Fun to get things started. :D
Lv19 Earthquake (Power, deals STR-based Explsiv dmg at 40% Power/-15% CT, 50% Pen, rnd targets, strike # combo-based, Finisher) SP-25/CD-3
or
Perfect Guard (Power, enchant, raise target's threat greatly, caps dmg to % of MAXHP based on combo, five turns, Finisher) SP-25/CD-3

Skills for Bertram completed, on to Dio...
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Just finished the Trials of Wisdom on TfZ V: DoaDV. It may need some touching up later if the current puzzle solution event shows any signs of acting up. Planning to continue on either the Camp of the Minotaur Tribe or the Dragon Forest shortly.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=212931
Just finished the Trials of Wisdom on TfZ V: DoaDV. It may need some touching up later if the current puzzle solution event shows any signs of acting up. Planning to continue on either the Camp of the Minotaur Tribe or the Dragon Forest shortly.

Those are the worst names.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
post=212936
post=212931
Those are the worst names.

They state exactly what this area is and I find no need to rename them something overly-unique like a town would. If I've got places that are named things like FireBreath Volcano (unchanged since 2005) that have nothing wrong with them anyway, why then would I be inclined to change them now?
Craze
Names don't have to be strange, they just need to not suck (or not have names in the first place).

FireBreath Volcano is even worse.

FF1 changes its names throughout its iterations.
Corfaisus
post=212950
Names don't have to be strange, they just need to not suck (or not have names in the first place).

FireBreath Volcano is even worse.

FF1 changes its names throughout its iterations.

So it would be better not to name something than to give it something completely acceptable yet unoriginal? We should only display the names of locations with gobbledygook such as Orenumaril? Canyons that connect directly to the world map should just inconsistently teleport you to this area while all other parts of the world give you an option after displaying the area's name. Truly, your opinion excites and encourages me to stop putting forth any effort and have my audience wander a nameless world. This makes things so much easier.

But wait! Everything needs names that are completely unique, because you know that mountains, forests, oceans, rivers and lakes in our world never have simple names, right?
Carfaisus, Craze has a point. Firebreath Volcano is a terribly generic name, same with Dragon Forest and crap like that. Just spice it up some.
I'm working on a character creation system and also modifying the damage/to-hit algorithm. I'm not done, but I have gotten to the point where I can create characters and test them in battle.
Corfaisus
post=212955
Carfaisus, Craze has a point. Firebreath Volcano is a terribly generic name, same with Dragon Forest and crap like that. Just spice it up some.

I see no problem with them. You can look into any game available and find at least one name like this. How I see it, they're solid enough and don't need to be changed to something that wouldn't make any sense otherwise such as instead of FireBreath Volcano to "Runarlyr's Maw", and Dragon Forest to "Zuraflinu" or something of the sort. I'm hitting a name block just trying to discuss. It sort of follows the same road as the skill names in games. If you had a designer that decided to half ass their skill descriptions and had names like this instead of just "Fire", "Flame" and "Inferno", you will end up spending more time than is necessary to see exactly what these mysterious skills actually do, because what in the hell does "Pufrilnar" mean anyway?

"I guess that I sort of see "puff" in there, so it must be wind."
*cast on lightning-based monster, healing it*
"No wait... WHAT!? It's a thunder skill?"

If someone were to ask a question about how to progress in this dungeon but wasn't able to memorize it letter-per-letter because it was something outrageous, that would only complicate things. It lends no justification to genuine laziness, but still.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
post=212958
post=212955
I see no problem with them. You can look into any game available and find at least one name like this. How I see it, they're solid enough and don't need to be changed to something that wouldn't make any sense otherwise such as instead of FireBreath Volcano to "Runarlyr's Maw", and Dragon Forest to "Zuraflinu" or something of the sort. I'm hitting a name block just trying to discuss.

If someone were to ask a question about how to progress in this dungeon but wasn't able to memorize it letter-per-letter because it was something random and not common such as what I'm using now, that would only complicate things. It lends no justification to genuine laziness, but still.

I see no problem either.

They could be better (maybe latinize it or something) but dragon forest is just fine.
Craze
Tales from Zilmurik V: Dawning of a Dragon's Valor

post=212956
I'm working on a character creation system and also modifying the damage/to-hit algorithm. I'm not done, but I have gotten to the point where I can create characters and test them in battle.

Heh heh heh heh heh.

...Geondun.
I have 6 days to make a game for Halloween. But goddammit, I'll make it.
Now working on 64 scientists NPCs (32 x 2 genders. They'll make some of the labs alive, and also working on a little colony for FRANTIX.
Craze
I'm making Philadelphia with Karsuman. By that, I mean that I'm waiting for him to finish up movesets so that I can start making a battle system.

Guess I should start work on the dungeon nodes, though. We are kind of, uh, eschewing maps entirely.
post=213473
Now working on 64 scientists NPCs (32 x 2 genders. They'll make some of the labs alive, and also working on a little colony for FRANTIX.

Good god. Just make one of each gender and copy/paste. If it's an important NPC make them unique.

I'm scripting cut-scenes, which is pretty much the least fun thing ever.
I've been rattling off notes, chords and motifs on a piano since I'm going to have to face the music (haaaaa-!) and compose some stuff for my game eventually. I was taught how to play long ago, but it's all coming back to me thankfully.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Mapping out the Miehle Mountains. The change from the lively, life-filled mountains into the barren, waste-polluted upper mountain is something I'm going to have a little bit of difficulty with, but I'll deal with it. I'm mostly relying on music to set the mood of the upper part of the mountain.