VISTA AND RPGMAKER 2K3

Pages: 1
I downloaded RPGmaker 2k3 and intended to make a tech demo thing for RSday in spring... but every time I hit new project I get "Project creation could not be completed". Any idea why it's happening/ how I could fix it?
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Did you make sure to install it in a place other than Vista's maximum lock-down prison Program Files?
post=115176
Did you make sure to install it in a place other than Vista's maximum lock-down prison Program Files?
I'll try that.
post=115178
post=115176
I'll try that.
No dice.
I have had no problems what so ever with vista and rm2k/3. On the otherhand, I've tweaked around a bit (disable uac for example) so it might have to do with that but overall, I've had very few issues since service pack 1 and self-tweaking.
KingArthur
We solved it on IRC, turns out his Project Path was set to something RM2K3 and Vista didn't agree on. ;D
post=115174
I downloaded RPGmaker 2k3 and intended to make a tech demo thing for RSday in spring... but every time I hit new project I get "Project creation could not be completed". Any idea why it's happening/ how I could fix it?

Also, there is no RS! Day in the spring next year, because apparently RS! Day has become too popular for its own good.
Lesse... I remember when I got it to work on my Vista, I had the Run As Administrator thingy, and also right clicked on the program and have it run on Windows XP thingy. Maybe that might work... I can't remember how I did it... but I got it to work on my vista... unless they updated it within' the year in a half so that nothing from XP can run on vista. :s
arcan
Having a signature is too mainstream. I'm not part of your system!
There was some fix for this that I used recently but I can't quite remember it.
KingArthur
post=115194
We solved it on IRC, turns out his Project Path was set to something RM2K3 and Vista didn't agree on. ;D

You people all have brilliant eyes. ;_;
Pages: 1