MISAO RESULTS FOR 2009!

Pages: first 123 next last
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I have done some tallying for the results of last year's Misao votes. I wasn't a huge fan of it only lasting a month, but I wanted 2010 to start off fresh and clean.

As a note, I had to discount some votes due to random cheaters signing up with fake email addresses.

I also noticed a few quirks with the way things were setup for last year and have made a change to them from here out:
The majority of categories are restricted to completed games only. Demos are no longer eligible for Game of the Year, for example. There will be a reference for the categories and their restrictions when you vote and also in the Misaos page.

You can view the results here.
http://rpgmaker.net/misaos/2009/
Nothing too surprising here, I wonder how 2010 will turn out however since we have the entire year to vote. Also what will be the first game of THIS DECADE?

edit speak of the fucking devil
I expect a lot more people to vote in 2010. But after all I love this year's results since all the Misaos go to RM2k/3 games. o/
Sailerius
did someone say angels
I was surprised by how few votes there were...but then again, a little less than half the votes of the previous year in only a month isn't too shabby.

EDIT: Is it going to be set up so that the system won't let you vote for games in categories it's ineligible for (for example, demos not being eligible for Game of the Year) or will that be manually pruned?
Dude, nobody said that the world is a fair place. Not always the best win. More popular does not mean bettar.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
post=116826
EDIT: Is it going to be set up so that the system won't let you vote for games in categories it's ineligible for (for example, demos not being eligible for Game of the Year) or will that be manually pruned?

It's automatic.
Wow, MMZ got nom'd twice and even CC's dated demo got a nom (!). I got a grand total of four votes combined, but four votes are better than none. I'll take it!
DF: Venaitura got in there? Well that's a surprise.
man, more people should really play monstrous wars to see how awesome it is :(.
I was surprised to see U.S.G. there. The game was on 2008 and shouldn't be voted, no? :O
WIP
hima, you put out an updated version of it so it was eligible.
Wow, my game was nominated for a couple categories! Huge surprise! Also, this voting system is very cool - too bad we have to wait a year for the next round.
Congratulations to all the winners. And a big thank you to those who nominated my game, whoever you are. :}
Monopolo didn't get a single award.

This is outrage!
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
By the way, folks, you can thank the Lol Detectives for the safe return of your precious Misaos. It was nothing. :D

(also, I was part of the engine of awesome- I totally voted Hero's Realm for Game of the Year.)
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Hey, uh, why is Ascendence still in every category except non-RPG?
Happy
Devil's in the details
I am wondering the same, then again I kind of don't mind! It's nice people have enjoyed the game, but it really was pretty short demo, really.

Anyway, congrats to all the winners! Or should I say, thanks for all the voters~

I really was surprised to have my game nominated for 12 categories, but to win 7 of them? Wowee. Next Misaos will be something interesting to look forward to, again.

*goes off to test Dhux's Scar*
Pages: first 123 next last