TAKUTO - A FLASH VISUAL NOVEL

Pages: 1
____

:: Takuto ::

Once again, The Takuto Multimedia Ebook is a kind of experiment in where I am trying to create a full fantasy world in a more attractive form than text only.

Even though it has graphics, including backgrounds and characters, music and sound effects and occasionally (hopefully) voice acting, it is still a book through and through. So, if you're expecting something that has a little more animation, you may have to look elsewhere. Even so, I would ask you to please give it a chance, if you will.

It still should be more entertaining than if it were to be just text. Thanks again for taking your time to read through these episodes. One episode will be released every week.

Website
tiny.cc/takuto

Season 1:
Episode 1 - 01/02/10
Episode 2 - 01/09/10

EDIT: Alright, I've gathered enough 'data' from this little experiment to create some good improvements.

I'm going to be re-releasing Episode 1 with a bunch of improvements, mostly cutting down on dialogue by making it optional to read it like a book or view it more like a manga/dating-sim kind of style.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. =)

I'm sorry but I couldn't stand to get pass the first screen due to the speed of the text. It would be much better if we can read it at our own pace instead of being forced to wait for the text to show :(
Mediocre writing with a cliche/bad plot concept, added on to the slow text, really make this much less enjoyable than it could be.

It's not a bad idea but you really don't pull it off here.
Oak Wood... hehe...

btw play Tsukihime to see a visual novel done right.
i think it froze on me, it stopped on a picture of the village and i was like 3 minutes into it.
I thought there would be more pictures, but all i saw were different sides of the village(though to be fair i didn't get very far).
post=116870
I'm sorry but I couldn't stand to get pass the first screen due to the speed of the text. It would be much better if we can read it at our own pace instead of being forced to wait for the text to show :(

This. Please read any decent visual novel and notice how theres almost full customization on how you can view/read it (most usual is the click per line/sentence/whatever). Though I do believe you found the right medium for this sort of thing (I think this used to be some rpgmaker video series?)
Sailerius
did someone say angels
post=116948
Oak Wood... hehe...

btw play Tsukihime to see a visual novel done right.
fuck yes another Tsukihime fan. you're my new best friend fyi.

I'm going to hold off on commenting on the plot until I progress more, but you really need to put in an option for variable text speed. Or just put it in a Visual Novel engine like Ren'py which is made for things like this.
Are you perchance a cute 15-year-old boy?
post=117476
Or just put it in a Visual Novel engine like Ren'py which is made for things like this.

Yeah I forgot to mention this. Ren'py is pretty awesome.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=116948
Oak Wood

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
nobody said we were talking about his last name when wood was mentioned.
I am the reference police, I will not let you reference the Oak family in poor light. Have at you!
Alright, I've gathered enough 'data' from this little experiment to create some good improvements.

I'm going to be re-releasing Episode 1 with a bunch of improvements, mostly cutting down on dialogue by making it optional to read it like a book or view it more like a manga/dating-sim kind of style.

Thanks for everyone's feedback. =)
Pages: 1