A MONTAGE OF THOUGHTS ABOUT SEVERAL GAMES

Oh, I totally get that LoD was the 'response' to Final Fantasy 7. I'm just having a hard time seeing how the games themselves are especially similar, in terms of gameplay, plot mechanics, characters, presentation, etc etc.
Oh alright, I've stayed away from it like the plague, so I don't know.
That's pretty much what I meant by "cash in." I haven't played it in ages, but I think the comparison is more or less for those reasons mentioned in the past few posts. Looking back, it was pretty fun, but it seriously has like every RPG cliche/archetype through that time period. I can't really go back and play most PSX RPGs because they feel so dated and clunky anyways.
I never played more than a few hours of LoD. What I saw of it was good. I didn't see any connections with FF7 nor do I care.
LoD was a pretty fun game for its time. Back then my brothers and I would spend all night playing either the SNES or PSX and I'm happy to say that it's still considered a great game among us. Then again, we still argue over ownership of Breath of Fire II and it wasn't exactly the best SNES game out there.

As for the Final Fantasies, well my favourite would have to be a toss up between VI, VII and IX. VIII was pretty fun and I was really hyped when I first bought it. VII I'd heard was excellent and I picked it up before I had anything to play it on. ^^; I loved IX a lot - the characters and storyline as well as the look of it, though I agree that it needed more side quests and an area to boost your levels. I never thought it was that slow battle wise. VI, well it's well-loved though I've only got the PS version (heathen that I am).

Stop me if you've heard this one... (XP) but I will always have a soft spot and major squeee moment for Suikoden - II more than the others, though I and V are close favourites. I love the 2D designs and the characters/story/gameplay is everything I ever wanted in a game. I still find it to be one of my favourite games to play when bored and to me it's aged very well. Though I will admit the translation is a bit.............. dodgy, but that just added to the charm!!!!!!

I'd love to hear what you guys thought about FFX.
literally could not play it for more than a couple hours. awful
X is the best ff game that came out after VII. It was about 20 times better than IX. that's just a raw estimate though.
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
post=118269
literally could not play it for more than a couple hours.

Me too, but that's because we left the PS2 in another country while moving! :(
What's so bad about FFX?
If you can push past the "OMG I've been transported to a magical new world!" part, it's a very good Final Fantasy.
if we are in a world where VIII is bad and X is good i am going to declare a new world order
no seriously why do people think X is bad
Not using summons and the overpowered mixes (and all the other rediculous IWIN stuff) actually makes the game require some effort!

Spira is also the most interesting world out of all the FFs.

F4

I suspect Tidus has something to do with this
post=118300

ahem i believe we have been here before
Yeah, that was a discussion on whether FFVIII was good or bad, not FFX. I don't think we covered FFX, did we?
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I enjoyed FFX.

There, I said it.

(Mostly because of Spira and the combat.)
I liked FF10; I enjoyed the crap out of it...Tidus was a dumb character, but I don't see how a single character destroy the game's playability (although, that is just my opinion). I never used either, I used Auron, Kimahri, and Yuna (mainly because of her Aeons). In fact, I went through most of the sphere grid with all three of those characters, so much so that all of them were exceeding 9999 damage (yes, even Yuna o_O).

Final Fantasy 10 is my third favorite FF, which just behind FF6, which is just behind FF8.
Solitayre
Circumstance penalty for being the bard.
FFX was very solid, its mechanics worked well for most of the game, it's a shame the story fell apart in the last hour or so. I suspect no one can give an answer why they dislike it other than "It's a jRPG" or "Tidus is a horrible jRPG Protagonist," answers that are literally meaningless to me.

Geodude, I didn't like FF8 much (for reasons I can actually explain) but I'd love to hear your reasoning for why you thought it was good.
you should probably look at that topic then ::)

post=118304
Yeah, that was a discussion on whether FFVIII was good or bad, not FFX. I don't think we covered FFX, did we?
i was pointing out the parallels between that discussion and this impending one will you keep up