ITALICS

Pages: 1
is there a way to have italics in my dialogue for rm2k3?
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure they did not include any text options in any of the RPG makers. Having said that, I may have a slight solution, but it's not very useful

Th one way you COULD use italics in your game would be to replace one of the RM2K3 fonts with a font that is all italics, and then switch font types whenever you want to use the all italics one. This would, however, limit you to using the italic font in one message screen by itself, you wouldn't be able to use it in corrispondance with the other fonts, for instance, it would work like this

[BalalalalaItalicbalalalaalalaalla] [I can use italics in everything I say]
Wouldn't work Would work!

The other solution would be to download a font maker and replace things like symbols and other things you won't use in your RPG game, and replace them with italic letters. I don't know if there are enough symbols for that though.
I don't think so, but it is possible to change the color of your text, if that's any help. I'm not sure how, though.
In RMXP, it's something like /c (I think), replacing x with a color. Maybe it's similar in 2k/3.
\C Normal color(Light blue)
\C Blue
\C Orange
\C Grey
\C Yellow
\C Dark red
\C Purple
\C Pink
\C Shinning orange
\C Green
\C Dark blue
\C Red
\C Snots green
\C Dark purple
\C Gold
\C Light green
\C Dark dark purple
\C Grey-blue
\C Dark green
\C Brown

3-Part three:Graphicals commands.
Also with the text commands,you can add some little sybol to your text or to do special action.I personnaly find the special action very interesting cause you can do simply everything! Their ustilisation is the same than the color,but graphicals commands MEAN themselves a graphics and doesn't change the next words.
Note that I've cleared some that I was considerating not enough practical.

\C Show a text color. n=a number(1 to 19)
\S Set the text speed. n=a number(1 to 20) 1 is the fastest(without pauses) and 20 is the slowest.
\N Show the name of a hero. n=hero's number.Note that 0 will write the name of your party's leader.
\V Show a variable value. n=variable's number.
\$ A box appear showing your current money.
\! Put that before a word.You will have to press enter to show that word but it will be in the same box than the others.
\. 1/4 of delay before the next letter.
\| 1 delay before the next letter.
\^ The message end without you need to press enter.

Symbols:
$A Sword $a Smiling face
$B Shield $b Neutral face
$C Star of Salomon $c Sad face
$D Sun $d Sweat 1
$E Moon $e Sweat 2
$F Mercury $f Spade(clear)
$G Venus $g Hearth(clear)
$H Venus(inversed) $h Stand(clear)
$I Mars $i Club(clear)
$J Jupiter $j Spade(filled)
$K Saturn $k Hearth(filled)
$L Uranus $l Stand(filled)
$M Neptune $m Club(filled)
$N Pluto $n Skull
$O Aries $o A X
$P Taurus $p Sun
$Q Gemini $q Moon
$R Cancer $r Dot
$S Leo $s Up arrow
$T Virgo $t Right arrow
$U Libra $u Down arrow
$V Scorpio $v Left arrow
$W Sagitarius $w Up-right arrow
$X Capricorn $x Down-right arrow
$Y Aquarius $y Down-left arrow
$Z Pisces $z Up-left arrow

... I don't think it's quite everything you can do in RM2k/3, but it's a good start.
author=kentona link=topic=554.msg7219#msg7219 date=1199754028
\C Normal color(Light blue)
\C Blue
\C Orange
\C Grey
\C Yellow
\C Dark red
\C Purple
\C Pink
\C Shinning orange
\C Green
\C Dark blue
\C Red
\C Snots green
\C Dark purple
\C Gold
\C Light green
\C Dark dark purple
\C Grey-blue
\C Dark green
\C Brown

Specifically, \C refers to the colours in the game's system set graphic. 0 is the upper left (the light-blue), and as x increments it goes to the next horizontal colour in the system set (until it hits the right edge, where it moves to the second row and goes on from there)
Oh yeah, I guess I could have listed those text commands too, oh well. Also, I didn't even think about it, but you could edit the built in symbols (like the sword, etc.) to be italic letters too! unfortunately, I know there isn't enough there.
That's what I search for. That could be good in tutorials, KEntona.
aghh kentona why is it that everytime I read a post from you I feel the urge to tottaly redo my game :-\
author=donline link=topic=554.msg7431#msg7431 date=1200181508
aghh kentona why is it that everytime I read a post from you I feel the urge to tottaly redo my game :-\

Ditto... I feel like remake my old games after all.
Pages: 1