PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING TO THE HAITI EARTHQUAKE SITUATION!

Pages: first 12 next last
Hello, everyone.

On Tuesday 10, 2010, a 7.0 magnitude earthquake struck approximately nine miles from Port-au-Prince, the capital of the Caribbean island nation of Haiti. Between this initial quake and the multitude of aftershocks, the damage has included, but certainly isn't limited to, hospitals, schools, the presidential palace, and countless residential and living areas. More pressing is the number of casualties, estimated to be at least 10,000, with some estimates being in the hundreds of thousands.

Considering this, it goes without saying that the situation is in need of any help that anyone can give. Every little bit helps, and there are a multitude of organizations that accept donations towards the cause of medical aid, supplies, rescue, and other endeavors regarding the situation.

Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund
Red Cross Haiti Donation Fund
Red Cross General Donation (you can still donate towards Haiti's cause, just select 'International Response Fund'
OxFam UK Haiti Fund
International Rescue Fund
UNICEF USA

Text Donations
Verizon and T-Mobile are waving text message fees for donations to Haiti. Sorry AT&T users.

"HAITI" to 90999 for a $10 donation to the Red Cross.
"HAITI" to 864833 for a $5 donation to the United Way.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
* Chaos dropped a buck fifty. :(
post=118914
* Chaos dropped a buck fifty. :(

Don't feel bad, I was only able to donate literally a dollar at first before I got my paycheck. But every little bit helps, don't not bother because you feel your donation won't be enough.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
$25 to UNICEF.
I gave 10 bucks Australian to the Australian Red Cross, who although not directly being involved with the aid efforts are raising money to give to other organisations such as UNICEF.
10$ to UNICEF, just because I feel bad :(
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
$4.00 to Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund as i had around 2.50 left before I get paid. It may mean however I won't get my can of Pepsi from the store and I'll ultimately shrivel up due to lack of caffeine but it is for the GOOD OF MANKIND.

I FEEL WARM AND FUZZY NOW.
Donation is successful.

I spent $35 on a video game last night. The game kind of sucked. All I could think about is how much good that $35 could have done I wasted it on a stupid video game that I don't even like.

EDIT: Also I was sort of thinking about how a $35 video game is like an hour or two's worth of work for me but for someone in Haiti it is like a month's salary.
Dropped $10 for the cross. Limbaugh can suck it.
kitten2021
Returning from RMVX Death
Text for $10 bucks... It's easier. I looked at the pictures... Makes you wanna cry. All those people, makes me want to donate a lot more...

EDIT:
You know, if we could get everyone to donate to the Haiti destruction on this site, can you imagine how much help that could possibly be? Just $10 or even $5... That would be awesome.
I'm having a hard time seeing what happens to Haiti after they get "cleaned up", it wasn't like they were an ideal metropolis before the disaster...

And what makes you think that the Haitians that have "temporarily" left are ever going to go back home? America is 47.65 times better, and we've got nike shoes.

Sarcasm aside, It's still a very traumatic event, and I hope something good comes out the help! (even if I do think it's a bit of a lost cause).
I would donate!!! Multiple reasons why I can't though...

I WOULD DONATE 35+!!! This earthquake... Horrible, so many lives taken.
I'll donate, but remember that the US H.A.A.R.P., could be causing these disturbances.
are you a fucking conspiracy theorist too? jesus
I am a conspiracy theorist. I think that the earthquake was caused by plate movement.
heh everybody knows plate tectonics is a preposterous notion the earth is patently solid

also flat
No. You're wrong - It is held up on the back of a turtle.
turtles all the way down
Pages: first 12 next last