COPYRIGHTS

Pages: first prev 12 last
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Sorry not much to say:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_licenses

That is assuming RATED-RKOFRANKLIN released his stuff with one of the Creative Commons license, which as far as we know he has made no mention of. Copyright, which is ownership over an article, and applicable usage of copyrighted materials are entirely different.
Have you... tried requesting politely that they take down your stuff without being an asshole about it (I am not calling you an asshole I am just curious)?

Most people (webmasters included) are willing to oblige simple requests if they are made honestly and forthrighteously enough.

edit: Like if someone came to me and said "Could you please stop doing that?" I would, but if they said "Stop doing that or I will take LEGAL ACTION OVER THE INTERNET ABOUT MY RPGMAKER GAME" I would pretty much insist they go fuck themselves.
Hey, it may be ironic but if someone does take your stuff, then that just means someone out there actually likes your work! Which means it must not be that bad.

edit: well, besides the point that they stole to begin with.
post=119943
Have you... tried requesting politely that they take down your stuff without being an asshole about it (I am not calling you an asshole I am just curious)?

Most people (webmasters included) are willing to oblige simple requests if they are made honestly and forthrighteously enough.

edit: Like if someone came to me and said "Could you please stop doing that?" I would, but if they said "Stop doing that or I will take LEGAL ACTION OVER THE INTERNET ABOUT MY RPGMAKER GAME" I would pretty much insist they go fuck themselves.

That is a huge problem. I got banned on the site after becoming a sponsor(I had no issues with the site before becoming a sponsor) They were nice and just wanted money then kicked me out. An admin posted my work, not a normal member. The site's staff supports the admin's actions(I have pictures of it). At this point there is nothing I can do.
Again, did you bother to ask them to remove it?? Or are you just assuming that they won't?

This is going to sound like a completely stupid and obvious question, but are they giving you credit for your work or are they passing it up as their own?

If you tried asking them to remove it and that fails/they're not giving you any credit, then log on (under a different username if you're still banned) and let the other forum members know that those guys are stealing your stuff.

Just a suggestion.
post=119943

There is always hacking to acquire the information as needed. Lawyers are not detectives, I know this too well. Remember all you need to sue someone on the net is their ip address and a reason for doing so.
RATED-RKOFRANKLIN, can we take a gander at what they stole from you?

Perhaps we can make a rebellion or something? ... Just a thought...
post=119998
Again, did you bother to ask them to remove it?? Or are you just assuming that they won't?

This is going to sound like a completely stupid and obvious question, but are they giving you credit for your work or are they passing it up as their own?

If you tried asking them to remove it and that fails/they're not giving you any credit, then log on (under a different username if you're still banned) and let the other forum members know that those guys are stealing your stuff.

Just a suggestion.

I am IP banned on the site. I have tried other locations on campus to get on the site, but every IP on campus is blocked. I will never sponsor any site again. Admins act nice at first, but then kick you out when you become a sponsor.

They are giving me credit. They do know I said my work is NOT allowed on their site. Most of my work is only exclusive on a friend's site. Their mods know this as well.
post=120092
post=119998

Just a suggestion.
I am IP banned on the site. I have tried other locations on campus to get on the site, but every IP on campus is blocked. I will never sponsor any site again. Admins act nice at first, but then kick you out when you become a sponsor.

They are giving me credit. They do know I said my work is NOT allowed on their site. Most of my work is only exclusive on a friend's site. Their mods know this as well.

I feel for your situation, I do, but (not to sound like an ass) what exactly are you looking for here? What do you want us to do?

The only thing I can suggest is to find a friend/classmate/whoever with a lap top, ask them if they have internet access, and try to get on the website from there. Do you know any of the mod's email addresses?

I hope you can solve your problem.
US copyright registration basically equates to

1: fill out the paperwork and include a $20 check with your papers
2: wait 2 years (not kidding here YEARS!)
3: Get a copy of your paperwork and copyrightable material back in the mail saying that you didn't fill out the paperwork right and you have to start ALL OVER.

In short its a pain in the ass and totally not worth it unless you are losing millions to someone blatantly stealing your work and selling it.

Even then you are better off hiring a lawyer and suing. Either way you end up wasting huge amounts of time and effort and you still end up on the losing side lol.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
somebody took a college copyright class recently. :P
Even if it's an original work people are still going to steal it. That's what pirates are
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/pirates/images/thumb/a/ac/JackSparrowProfile.jpg/250px-JackSparrowProfile.jpg
Look at Tohou.

Do you honestly think your game is going to be that good?
These resources weren't mainly for my game. I also share my resources only on my friend's site. However, I said I do not want my resources on certain sites.

post=120098
post=120092
post=119998

Just a suggestion.

I feel for your situation, I do, but (not to sound like an ass) what exactly are you looking for here? What do you want us to do?

The only thing I can suggest is to find a friend/classmate/whoever with a lap top, ask them if they have internet access, and try to get on the website from there. Do you know any of the mod's email addresses?

I hope you can solve your problem.

I'm not expecting everyone on this site to attack this other site. I don't want anyone to do that. I wanted copyright advice, and I got it. Yes, I have the email addresses of the mods and admins, but they are OK by an Admin's action of posting my work when I clearly said I don't want my work on that site. The guy knew it, and just ignored what I said. The mods and the admins on the site support his actions.

The site is owned by a major internet copy. I contacted them. Hopefully I will hear from them soon.

Thanks for the advice everyone.
Is this site RRR by any chance? Maybe I can contact the admins for you? I am ex staff. I could probably even remove your stuff.
Ah, well, if you like I can contact the admin of the site if it's one I'm registered on.
Pages: first prev 12 last