PMS

Pages: 1
Is there a way to delete (or at least edit) a pm that I've sent by mistake before the addressee opened it?
And by the way, how can I empty my mailbox and my "notices box?"
Thanks! :)
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
They're still figuring out how to make it so you can delete PMs and such. You're not the only one who's noticed; I've been waiting for them to fix it myself.

Come on, WIP! Can't we please have a way to delete our messages?
WIP, please don't implement a system that lets someone take a message back because they sent it, they sent it. You can't take back a drunk phone call. Though the option to clean out my mailbox isn't there.

However, I think stuff like screenshot rails, user custom engine registration, and bug fixes are probably more important than PM cleanouts. Counting what I've read WIP working on, he has way too many things at one time. He may be a computer fascist but I cringe when I think of all the "little" things people bug him to add to RMN ("little" because they don't realize it's a very involving task). I'm surprised he hasn't exploded or something with his current load, so I've gotta say something in his defense.
I can put a stop payment on a check, though.
I agree with Wolf. WIP has a life too. He can't be slaving over RMN all day like a housewife.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=120140
housewife

WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
I won't give you the ability to "unsend" a PM. I will someday finish the mailbox stuff so you can remove messages from view.
@Wolfcoder: I was just asking if there was a way to delete or edit PMs. I would never dare to give orders to anybody.

@Wip: for a forgetful brain like mine, it would be nice to be able to edit PMs, Moreover I'm veeeery able to send one to the wrong person...hence my question about deleting. Not to mention my awful English...
But as I told Wolfcoder, I just asked if the feature was available, and am now just explaining why I thought that it could be useful.
I don't really understand the reason why it will never be available, except that you are overloaded with more important work. But you took your decision, gave your answer, and it's fine, the topic is closed for me. I'll do my best to not be too awkward when I send PMs.
I didn't say you were giving orders, I said you were loading him up with requests. I even feel a bit guilty adding engine addition requests myself.
post=120094
Is there a way to delete (or at least edit) a pm that I've sent by mistake before the addressee opened it?
And by the way, how can I empty my mailbox and my "notices box?"
Thanks! :)
post=120188
@Wolfcoder: I was just asking if there was a way. to delete or edit PMs.

Asking if the feature was available. Not if it could be added.
Shall we stop there before it begins to look like a silly quarrel?
I hate quarrels.
YOU SENT IT

YOU CAN'T UNSEND IT
Pretty much when you send a PM, that message will be saved into that person's account, so I doubt that making something like that will ever be possible no matter how good of a developer you are.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=121544
Pretty much when you send a PM, that message will be saved into that person's account, so I doubt that making something like that will ever be possible no matter how good of a developer you are.

please come back when you know something about these developers of which you speak

[quote]Pretty much when you send a PM, that message will be saved into that person's account, so I doubt that making something like that will ever be possible no matter how good of a developer you are.[/quote]
mysql_query(UPDATE pm SET deleted='1' WHERE id=$pmid LIMIT 1);
die("Wow I just deleted a message! I must be a good developer?!");

Also, this topic has pretty much ran its course, but I'll be happy when the delete button on the inbox works.
Shouldn't that be a delete query? (or even a drop tables)
Keep records of PMs in the database while hiding them from the end user, by doing that along with WHERE deleted!=1 in your inbox script, etc.
Records are NEVER deleted. It's always just a flag DELETED = 1

Incidentally, I have 29 pages of PMs in my inbox.

EDIT: Correction. It is now 30 pages
Ah, I see what you're getting at (although if the flags were called something like 'visible' would make more sense)
Pages: 1