FINISHED GAMES 2010

It's a new year, isn't it?

Anywho, I am proud to announce that I finally finished Dragon Quest IV DS this past weekend. The final battle was just as epic as I remembered from back in the day.

I found the game to be easier though this time through, but that might be me misremembering my bygone playthroughs from the NES days. Also, I heard that there was extra post-game content but when I loaded up my save and putzed around the world looking for it, I didn't come across it so gave up.
Just go to the Azimuth and enter the bonus dungeon :3
Anyway, I finished Puyo Puyo Box, A Witch's Tale and Atelier Annie.
oh, that's where it is.

I wandered around Endor, Zenithia, and Geeboneville and a few other places looking for it.
It's a real trap if you don't know where to go. But the dungeon is pretty boring, and you have to go through a lot of times if you want the secret character's strongest equipment. And a new resident for the immigrant town. *Smile*
I sat through the game in Chapter 3 getting $1 million gold so I'm good with tedious questing!
You are chapter 3 master! *bow*
We're getting off-topic.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=120530
I finally finished Dragon Quest IV DS

Kentona finished a game

*bomb shelter*
I'm betting he found time to play it during all those sleepless nights when lil'Kentona spent all night crying when nobody was in the room with him
Actually it was on the plane to and from Atlanta. The sleepless nights were spent watching movies I had been meaning to watch for a long while, like Shoot 'Em Up.
I've only finished Super Mario Sunshine this year. (Well, 118/120 shines GRR BLUE COINS)

Maybe I'll get far into Dragon Quest 8, but I think it's ridicu-long so I don't see me finishing it.
Max Payne 1+2, Sanitarium, Braid, and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. There might be more but I can't remember right now.
Holy shit Azn you just listed off four of my favorite games. (Braid I have not played, but if I did I'm sure it would be #5.)
It's because you're so cool, Orig.

(I thoroughly enjoyed each of those games, especially both May Paynes and Braid.)
B)

Sanitarium and Indiana Jones are two of the best point and click adventures ever (the former also one of the freakiest, can't believe I could stomach it in middle school), and Max Payne I think is the only action game I've thoroughly enjoyed in a long time.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I finally finished Bioshock. I didn't have the heart to harvest a single Little Sister, and I really didn't want to let any of the little kids die near the end, so that made the game a bit harder - which is good. Nothing wrong with a little self-imposed challenge. I think playing on normal is a great way to go through the game your first time, and later if you want a challenge, you can up the difficulty and turn off vita-chambers.

Anyway, I thought the game did a great job of setting up atmosphere (especially early in the game) and as you slowly get more equipped and therefore less scared of everything around you, it ramps up the action instead of the scary. I had fun trying to find all the diaries (I didn't get them all...).

I still remember the freakiest thing for me in the game. You've just entered this bar like area, with "how much is that doggy" playing, and there's all these plaster statues arranged all weird like (the rest of the level has these so it's starting to lose its creepy) until you hit this button behind the bar and a secret door opens up. You go down, and in the corner is another plaster statue sitting in a chair, facing the corner. kinda reminded me of blair witch. Anyway, you look around and immediately see a safe and some other cool stuff at the other end and you go over there. When you turn around you see another plaster statue in a ballerina pose... until you look over and the chair is empty - suddenly the ballerina comes to life and tries to kill you. Freaked out, you leave the basement and try to leave the bar... the other plaster statues are all gone now too... waahhhhhh....
Finally finished Advance Wars: Days of Ruin almost 2 years after starting it. I don't know why I ever stopped playing to begin with... probably school related. What a rad freaking game.

A rad game with shit-terrible dialog I couldn't skip through fast enough to avoid reading D: my brain!
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
post=120670
Finally finished Advance Wars: Days of Ruin almost 2 years after starting it. I don't know why I ever stopped playing to begin with... probably school related. What a rad freaking game.

A rad game with shit-terrible dialog I couldn't skip through fast enough to avoid reading D: my brain!

Music makes up for it though
yeah just about everything in between makes up for it actually <3
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
"Finished" is pretty vague you know. Do you mean like 100%, or what?
Well I haven't S-ed all the missions yet :< so I guess I "beat" it more than "finished" it. If that doesn't count then I still have 11 months to make good on my earlier reply :x