PIXELS

I've got wood.

Working on tiles for my next project in VX Ace. Just started the table, which is why it lacks shading.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year

oops I made quistis one of those moral corrupting teachers

...wait a minute
Ugh! No. Definitively lose the coat. I wan to be able to see her sexy pixel figure as she swings that whip around... xP
does she still have boob missiles
author=Darken
does she still have boob missiles
I think it is a shame there hasn't been much activity in this topic for a while, so I thought I'd try to get things rolling again... and hopefully not get warned for necro-bumping in the process.

Some of my favorite characters from my various projects over the years.
A motorcycle!

It is going to be driven by an octopus. It will be animated later and going in four directions so that I can use it in VX Ace.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
It seems like an octopus should drive an 8-wheeler.
Yeah, I know. I decided to choose the most random animal to be riding it. The octopus will also be wearing a funny hat.
I love that cowboy on the bottom right, Killer Wolf. I'm looking forward to seeing a cute little octopus on that bike too, UPRC.

I'm still pretty bad at pixel art myself, but I've been trying to improve. These are edits to the default XP RTP templates in case it isn't obvious - I'm not a fan of the doughy, sort of lumpy look that they have going on so I decided to try and change them a bit. Not sure if it's really an improvement though.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
You made me. Now be sorry while watching this obviously awful pixelart:
@Tea
The Leg on the other side of his side-view walking animation seems to be too heavily shaded. I like that you showed it, but I feel like the leg would have the same kind of shading as the arm on the same side.

That's the right sprite sheet by the way.
author=Rave2010

I actually think that looks pretty charming overall. Top of the tree needs work, but hey, I really like the rest of it. Looks like an NES game in a way.
No it looks like MS paint. It seems like you have no idea what you're doing with the grass or the shading of the roof. And the tree lacks any depth or form. I can not even tell where the sun is based on this shot.

reading http://www.natomic.com/hosted/marks/mpat/shading.html would be a start
author=Rave2010

It reminds me a bit of an old game made by Sierra. The adventure games specifically.
Also, the right most root of the tree looks very deformed, as does the mailbox.
Rave
Even newspapers have those nowadays.
@Darken: Actually I've used Aseprite (or Allegro sprite editor) for this. And I know shading sucks.
I've got LCARS terminals coming out the wazoo!

I want to make about a dozen more of the 1x2 terminals, and then I need to start chair-mounted displays and stuff.
I NEED THESE NOW.

EDIT:

So I rearranged them into RMAce charset format. Is it okay if I use them for Befuddle Quest 6: The Next Generation?
I'll be using them myself, but I don't mind at all! Hopefully the best is yet to come (really looking forward to engineering stuff).
Thank goodness you said yes.

btw, you might be interested in this site: http://www.trekcore.com/audio/