PIXELS

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year

yes the long part of his hair sucks :<

I made a miniture sprite thats suposed to look like me a bit, i think it was pretty cool as it was my first sprite from scratch. Un-fortunetly I had to get a haircut a week ago -_- school rules go figure...

I took a crash course lesson at usui.moo ( kadaku vx battler sprite resources ) as I idealize this guys stuff almost to the point of obsession
http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_dot_kouza.html

Also damn it why are you guys so skilled!

need some help, is it me but somethings a little off can't figure it out...Do I need to create a new thread in the help section?
Guess its o.k...might be something with the jumper...
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I think its the middle part not moving with the rest of the body.

author=alterego
Yet another monster, this time for a Christmas themed contest...
If you don't know what it is, maybe you're better of not asking.

This looks like it was made for a Ren & Stimpy RPG for DS xD Very cool.

author=SorceressKyrsty

I like this!

(those aren't tattered wings? u.u)
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
author=Link_2112
author=SorceressKyrsty

I like this!

No...it's a very long ponytail :<
author=YDS
I think its the middle part not moving with the rest of the body.

I see but its hard tweaking this without it looking awkward, maybe I should go look in detail at some sprites moving.
Do I make the shirt lift up and down on the leg thats moving up or should I try just heavily tweaking the color or both? Thanks
author=SorceressKyrsty
author=Link_2112
author=SorceressKyrsty

I like this!

No...it's a very long ponytail :<

Might take forever but it would be easy to tell if you animated it with his pony tail and hair swinging slightly in the wind, I'm saying this as I asume you're a skilled spriter so it shouldn't be hard for you...
You got the movement of the arms wrong. Pretty much if the left arm is moving the right leg should be the one moving along side with it and vice versa.
author=Archeia_Nessiah
You got the movement of the arms wrong. Pretty much if the left arm is moving the right leg should be the one moving along side with it and vice versa.

Thank you very much! (^_^) thats it, its been bugging me but it makes sense. I feel like starting from scratch though with something more fantasy looking. Oh baby! Spriting EXP +10 Level up, Emanzi is now at level 2! Walking Animation Skill Learned!
Kyrsty... About the hair, my insight:
It looks too fuzzy. Here in brazil we'd say it looks like a piaçava broom ( A broom that's made of açai) or just piaçava. -> http://www.arcoweb.com.br/arquitetura/fotos/933/fanucci-ferraz-isa-fibras-piacava.jpg

Not bad, you sprite very well, but... The hair is just not fluid enough. Like if he's fighting a Pikachu or something. So I say for you to create a more fluid, less fuzzy hair. Oh, and adjust the back of his head so it actually looks like he's got a ponytais (right now it's too fluffy for a ponytais - they tend to make your hair stick to yout skin)
Well... Except for that, I actually like a lot your sprites *-*

It worked as long as the arm thats up is the opposite as the leg thats up and vise versa, This is a template I managed to make after like 100 trial and eror atempts. I found a nice site that showed me how to take pixel lines into thought.
Derekyu's Pixel Tutorial
Its a good tutorial for more of the larger kind of sprites or pixel art but still helped with some good tips. Might be irrelevant for skilled pixel artists thought.

Might have him fleshed out by tomorrow...maybe. It's a bit subtle in the animation so you need to look at it for more than 10 seconds but I feel good with this one...

Oh yeah!

...and so begins the armature's epic spriting saga! Level up!
Nice! I like the front walk. The side walk looks a little weird to me but maybe it's because it keeps switching from one side to another and I am getting dizzy.

Thanks for posting the link to that tutorial. I'm also looking into making my own character template so it will be useful for me.
Ketsumio
I guess he's an Xbox and I'm more Atari
@SorcercessKyrsty: Thanks for all the feed BACK!!! :D It is hard to get thoughtful feedback these days on anything. I searched some on the pixel curve theory. I did not find any sites calling it that. But I looked at tutorials on drawing spheres in pixel style.
Here is what I came up with for the ghosts' BALLS..*snicker* balls... >.>

As for the black out line on my sprites. It kinda goes with the tile sets I have made for my game. Everything has black outlines. I understand what you are saying though. Black outlines can be a crutch to lean on. I plan on experimenting with other forms of spriting later on. :D

The bear is tall because it is a guy wearing a costume. If I make it shorter it wont match his height when he takes the suit off and such. BUT if it was a living toy bear...damn straight I would make him shorter. LOL

@Narcodis: "My project." I like that. Better calling it that, than calling it a game. It is about, lets' seeeeeeeee here....0.01% complete. Well maybe a bit more than that. LOL

It's called A Case Of The Cavities.
A young man named Gibson, under the guidance of his Gargoyle mentor Nefritis solves his first Trial Case. The game starts off with you in the City of Dieriot.(YES Dieriot not Detroit) Where you are doing errands and such for "Nit". And suddenly Nefritis becomes ill...and now it is up to you to keep the business afloat. So with Nit's handy dandy "how to book" and the little magick power you can conjure up you head off to solve the case. Only problem is....you dont know HOW to get to the Land of Disturbia. And the problems only start there...etc. etc. etc. LOL

I need to hammer out a lot of things, I want CBS. One like the game Lunar for the PSP. I would have to get someone to make it for me though. :/

More sprites from My project...

Mr. Marsh: From the Land of Cavitia. Clearly He is made of marshmallows...

Camgo: Talk to this little critter to save your game in the Land of Disturbia..

100+ colors

Took about a day or so.