SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 4!!

Pages: first prev 1234 last
Boxer Hockey is awesome. I thank GRS for the link. =D
Tau
RMN sex symbol
New leaked footage out for this. Looks pretty sluggish and unfinished. But the overall concept seems faithful enough to the original games.
different running animation at top speed ?? NEVER
Finally a new old school sonic game.
I'm buying it the second it comes on the arcade,anyone know how much it costs?
I don't really understand the appeal of Sonic games.

RUN REAL FAST THEN ???

There is so little time to react to anything happening you may as well be playing...
http://adamatomic.com/canabalt/
It's just a great all around platformer. It's definitely not too fast to react and actually play the game.
Plus Sonic Team aren't touching this. Apparently this is gonna be by Dimps who did Sonic Advance and Sonic Rush (according to Sonic Satdium website anyways).

I'm just glad they're finally trying this.
They are touching it, it's not all Dimps. They also have the senior level designer who worked on Sonic 3. okay.
post=124689

RUN REAL FAST THEN ???

There is so little time to react to anything happening you may as well be playing...

Sonic 1 - 3&K weren't really like this. You have brief moments of speed, but if you really wanted to get anywhere you had to take your time and explore the landscape.

They didn't lose focus from this until Sonic Advance 2.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Off-Topic but THERE is A NEW ONE!

I'm so glad Shadow's ass is not in this... But who is the "mystery character" on the website for this game?

And I agree with Aero. SA2 was probably one of the worst of the Sonic Advance sub-series. There was so much of a focus on going fast that it didn't really allow you explore the levels, which is pretty much required if you actually want to beat the game 100%. I didn't find this a huge issue with SA3, however.
Dudesoft
always a dudesoft, never a soft dude.
I thought this game followed Sonic 3/S&K? Shadow wasn't part of that series. D: Why's he have long spikes. They gave him long spikes because old sonic was hard to translate into 3D. D: the fuck, sega. The fuck.
Dudesoft
I'm still just excited for a new sidescrolling Sonic, even if it probably won't be as good as the original four games (and Sonic CD, not so much Knuckles Chaotix though, that irritated me).

And Boxer Hockey kicks arse, thanks for the link.
Off topic, but has anyone played the Sonic and Sega kart racing game?
It's surprisingly fun!
Dudesoft
post=125034
post=124689

RUN REAL FAST THEN ???

Sonic 1 - 3&K weren't really like this. You have brief moments of speed, but if you really wanted to get anywhere you had to take your time and explore the landscape.

They didn't lose focus from this until Sonic Advance 2.

Yeah in an interview for a special, the creators of Sonic were talking about how the appeal of Sonic was "earned speed". You'll notice that in the first game and everyone since until (yeah) SA2, you walk into a run and get faster and faster and faster. Using the land and bumpers to speed you up
then it was like ARG! when you hit a backwards bumper or spikes.
Even the spindash only shot you a short ways until you slowed down again. You had to keep earning your speed. Building that momentum was key, because it has the appeal of say, a race car.
One of the creators was really into driving fast and racing. In comes badass hedgehog mascot, make him fast... well, speed is nothing unless you earn it yourself.
Just pressing left and blazing across the terrain would be no fun.
Hopefully Sonic 4 will follow this example.
Dudesoft
This is the direction SEGA should go with.
Dudesoft
only if they intend to go on xbox with it.
Ratty -
And tails is much better when he does not talk...

I will hunt you down and brutally murder you!
Dudesoft that is awesome. May I show some of those pieces to some of my friends, because I know they'll find it funny. Of course, I'll credit you (definitely wouldn't pass it off as if I drew it).
Pages: first prev 1234 last