FALLOUT: NEW VEGAS

Pages: first prev 12 last
post=122133
No, the NCR was not the sort of government state to invade other areas unless they went through the proper protocols, even the fallout bible does not contradict this.

Simple. Things change, dude. Yes, that's how the NCR was in Fallout 2, and the Fallout Bible, but things change. We can't assume that 'B...but, the NCR would never take an imperialistic attitude towards new places!' Anything could happen.
True enough. Change does happen to everything, so let's see what they have become now.
Some things change. You know what doesn't? War. War never changes.

I suspect that the NCR won't be BAD GUYS or anything, since the Fallout universe is pretty good at blurring the line between good and evil. I mean, even the obvious bad guys usually have some commendable motives (even the Federal government isn't so bad when you get down to the nitty gritty), but the NCR is shown as, like, ominous spooky outsiders in that trailer and there are mentioned as being dickheads a few times in other games. It just seems like they are being setup to become the new Evil Empire.

edit: Also, San Fran was in Fallout 2 (which took place on the Californian coast) and played a pretty important role. Also, lots of real places showed up in Fallout 2. Redding and Modoc are real places, for instance, and a few other towns on placed on the ruins of real places in California. New Reno, which is just on the other side of the state border, also (obviously) makes an appearance. Even the FEV base is the site of a real military base, I believe. It's pretty awesome when you figure it out and line up the locales with real places on a map.

p.s. Radnen, the reason you didn't get the error is because you had a different party, had done different quests, had different equipment et cetera et cetera, so obviously whatever long list of conditions that caused the major error to hit on my system you avoided. I'm sure if I played through again I'd never get it. But I really didn't want to start over and lose 10+whatever hours I had put into my party, did I? Game killing bugs ruin games. I don't mind the occasional crash, but I was stopped in my tracks.
Having never played a Fallout game that wasn't 3, I can't say I'm overjoyed about Obsidian having a part in the development, but I still see it as a good thing. I liked Fallout 3, but it's nice to know that this will probably be something fresh and interesting rather than more of the same.
Having never played a Fallout game that wasn't 3
Your weird aversion to the Fallout IP returning into the hands of its creators aside, I heartily suggest that you remedy this :p the first 2 Fallout games are like a condensed course on how to create immersive RPG worlds.

edit: You can skip Tactics though, and as for Brotherhood of Steel: stay away.
post=122290
edit: Also, San Fran was in Fallout 2 (which took place on the Californian coast) and played a pretty important role. Also, lots of real places showed up in Fallout 2. Redding and Modoc are real places, for instance, and a few other towns on placed on the ruins of real places in California. New Reno, which is just on the other side of the state border, also (obviously) makes an appearance. Even the FEV base is the site of a real military base, I believe. It's pretty awesome when you figure it out and line up the locales with real places on a map.

While they exist in reality, almost every location on the map is skewered on both fallout games by one to two squares instead of where they would be if you used their scale, so it is more like they are in the general proximity of the real-life landmark instead of being an end all map. This was covered in the fallout bible update 4, which I just read for a while. Its nice to see that some of the original developers are getting to mess with thier world, but... Is Tim Cain going to work on this? He was the one whom originally wrote up the Vaults = Government Social Experiments scenario, so I wanted him to work on some of the new ones, like number 21 for that matter.
New Reno is the best thing about the Fallout series. I really hope New Vegas captures some of that magic.
I think New Vegas looks pretty kick ass. Hopefully they'll reveal some more about it soon so that it no longer seems like they just stretched a potential expansion pack off the first one into a brand new game, but so far I'm liking it. Even the apparel looks sweeter judging by that 2 minute trailer.
Pages: first prev 12 last