MUSIC QUESTION

Pages: 1
Hello, I'm working on an RPG made with RPG Maker 2003. I've made games before, but I've never submitted one to a site before...I'm only just now starting it, so I'd like to confirm something now before it becomes a problem later on- Are we allowed to use MP3s in our games? More specifically, I'm wanting to use some music from the OST of Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey.

Thanks for the help.
You are allowed to use MP3s in your games.

As to using music from a commercial game, I'm not sure what the policy is but a lot of people do use it in their games. If you are going to use it, I'd recommend you be up front about it.
@kentona: I think that as long as you're not making money, nobody will care if you are using music from commercial games.
Ah, good to know. Thanks for the help.
Phew. This is a big help. Will files be too large with a significant amount of mp3 files?
I was gonna ask this, but this helpful person asked before I could.
Depends on what you call a significant amount, and depends on what you call too large.

In my opinion, a download up to 50MB is acceptable (more is also acceptable, but may generate some download hesitation), and that gives you room to about... 20 mp3 files. That should be more than enough. No reason to have more than that.
Pages: 1