WANT TO MAKE A GAME, BUT I WONDER WHAT I SHOULD USE

Pages: 1
Hello, i am new here,
I already know what rpg maker is about i have use it longtime ago,
well i allready know everbody can make a traditional rpg so easily...
But if i want to make A horonzontal scrolling game, with plateform rpg,
i can tell like castlevania, but valkyrie profile or the last Vanillaware games is more the type of the game i want to make.
For first i think about a samurai showdown rpg fan game starring nakoruru as the heroine of the game,
samurai showdown is a fighting game, and here is why i want to it to be horizontal scrolling game.
I think it's not possible without proggraming anything, i heard RPG Maker VX can do it well, but i need to learn how to proggram ?
Here is a better way for anybody who can't proggram ?
I can make detailed sprites, make music, but i never proggramed at all.
If not, i need some advise about proggraming, i want to learn if i don't have other choice, but i am looking about the easy way.
Not to be rude, but the project doesn't seem like it has any potential when it's introduced with bad grammar and spelling. It makes it seem... inferior if you get what I'm saying.

Yeah, I'd definitely go with Azn and use game maker though.
I am not a great english user, that's why if the game got to be in english, i will certainly take assistance for correction, well don't worry lol, it's not like i will do a english version by myself.
tanks anyway for the advise rude or not.
I get a little try on game maker, it's seem to be what i was looking for.
tanks.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I recommend finger paints and construction paper.
post=124062

for ?
post=124064
post=124062
for ?

did you read your own topic
lol, may be it seem idiot...
.. but i don't understand how this materials would help,
Like Azn said, Game Maker would probably be best
Is Game Maker more suited for side scrollers and RPG maker for RPG's respectively or is Game Maker a better program overall? (Figured I'd ask here and not make a new topic altogether).
post=125574
Is Game Maker more suited for side scrollers and RPG maker for RPG's respectively?

Yes. In Game Maker you still need to make up all the variables and formulas for the battle system and such when doing an RPG. But RPG Maker has that done for you, leaving you to focus on dungeons/story/whatever. Of course RPG Maker isn't built with sidescrollers in mind, so you'll be fighting against the current when trying to design something besides an RPG (or anything far from an RPG anyway) for RM.
Though, RPGMaker VX already has a sidecscroller script similar to Megaman+Pixel Movement, same goes to XP except it's only a sidescroller.
Pages: 1