THOUGHTS ON: GUILTY GEAR SERIES

Pages: 1
Personally I think it's one of the best fighter series around, though I know many will disagree. I just find it more enjoyable than other fighters I've played so far (not that I didn't like games like Tekken, Soul Caliber, Street Fighter, and Dead or Alive; just enjoyed it more).

I like the characters, they are unique to the fighter games genre. I also like that just about everything in the game is based on rock music of some sort. And the band that made the music for the game rocks.

The fighting system I also like because it allows for a huge variety of combos that you piece together yourself, rather than follow a strict sequence of buttons. The speed and agility of the system is also well implemented and it doesn't make the fighting seem clunky.

Last but not least, I like that there are several game types to enjoy, from the easy story mode (with a story that I liked quite much, I wonder why it hasn't been made into an anime yet) to the super hard "Mission" mode.

My only regrets is the super sad lack of lagless online play and support throughout the games.
best fighting games:
last blade 1/2
garou
marvel vs. capcom
I'll stick to melty blood instead. There is nothing more brutal then a fighting engine designed to learn your own strategies and counteract them.
How does Melty Blood implement that fighting engine? Does it allow you to create your own combos or something?
No, you are bound to a list of combos, but it is the math behind the game that really shines. It plays similar to guilty gear, except it uses arcs instead of specialty combos. The largest difference is that every match you play against the cpu is recorded into its base memory and the cpu draws off of an ratio of your most common combo usage, so spamming skills becomes nearly impossible in the long run. However, every character is based around a equal strategic skill set that is balanced, no matter how brutal the cpu is.
post=124310
How does Melty Blood implement that fighting engine? Does it allow you to create your own combos or something?
The new actress again version allows you to design your own combos, effectively making the computer easier to manage. The original is extremely unpolished and will force almost all players to adopt a new way of fighting every run.
Sounds like a game you have to go into with a long term plan, from what I grasp of your description anyways. But I'd be interested in checking it out. And I know my brother would be most interested, he's the math type of guy. I'm more for character, story, and visuals (i.e. Guilty Gear, though not discrediting the possibility of any of those qualities in the game you presented)
post=124285
best fighting games:
last blade 1/2
garou
marvel vs. capcom

um excuse me you spelled street fighter 3rd strike wrong
Way to spell Street Fighter Alpha 3 wrong Feld.

The third strike y'all, it's Street Fighter 3

I can feel it coming over me
I feel it all around me
I've been waiting for this moment all my life it's my destiny
There's a fire deep inside of me
it's waiting to come out now
no matter what, no matter how, I know I'll make it through somehow

cuz when the road feels too long
I'll still be holding on
I'm gonna keep on going, I know I'll be strong

Indestructible
I wont let nobody break me down
Indestructible
nothings gonna stop me now
Indestructible
gonna gonna make gonna keep on going
Indestructible
the last man standing

I'm ready for whatever
I'm never giving up
nothing can break my spirit
cuz it's indestructible
Can't. Stop. Watching it!

The new character themes are pure win

"Look like it's time to oil up" XD
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
Guilty Gear is my favorite fighter. It is everything I could possibly want from the genre; incredibly high skillcap, deep matchup analysis, strong regard for spacing/options, ability to both perform and break out of rad combos, technicality, aesthetics, music, etc. My main is Dizzy, and I will false roman cancel Ice Spike u into the cosmos. (!!)
Mine is Chip, and while my false roman cancels aren't all that great, my unpredictable fighting style lends his speed that ability to overcome his uber weak defense. My second favorite is Testament, though, my brother is by far better than me, not only with combos but with supreme trapping skills. He always forces me into his traps, followed by some ridiculous combo. His main , however, is Sol Badguy.

I like the newest one (that I know of) Guilty Gear: Accent Core. It added more abilities with dust and others, as well as tweaked the character balancing a bit (which helps me out with Chip alot, they brought up his survivability).
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
You really can't fault a series with characters named Axl Low and Sol Badguy
Rock on :D

For those bored enough, the wiki article on Guilty Gear (scroll down to Music References for Heavy Metal - inspired awesomeness).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilty_Gear_%28series%29
What? Bridget is what? oh sht!
Just kidding, Love the game ^^
Nice sound on it ^^
Pages: 1