CHARTLEY IS HYPED TO BE CANADIAN RIGHT NOW. (AKA, OLYMPICS TOPIC)

Pages: first 12 next last
Oh man. These are some exciting Olympics for us Canadians. 14 golds on our own turf. Sick!
I'm not really a hockey fan at all, but I had to watch that. The odds weren't too good after our first game with the US, but what an epic come back. Today's game was just nuts! OT is the right way to finish the last hockey game of the Olympics.

It should be said that the US team played remarkably well, especially Miller! The US team deserved to win that as much as Canada, they certainly played the part. Cheers to all parties!
I have to say I didn't have a lot of faith in our team earlier when we were in fourth but... Hell yeah, they rock. (Gold medal record for the win)
I didn't even realize that there was a gold medal record too, awesome! These were amazing Olympics :)
Canada vs America is 1 for 1. I look at it as a tie. :) Both teams played equally well!

I wanted Canada to get a gold medal in Hockey. Why? Because the games are not just in Vancouver, but it's hockey. It's as much as a sporting stereotype to them as baseball is to us. Whooohoo! Way to go Cananadada!!!
Uhm... The Olympics are over now. Time to look forward to the next thing. It was fun (though a lot more unfun than fun) while it lasted.

And painful obviously. I hope it's in a better timezone next time. (I guess 2 times out of 3 it is in a better time zone)

In terms of medal table worth our team had the worst Olympics ever (with Lillehammer 1994 coming close). In terms of medal count it was the worst since 1972 (and without the last-day bronze it would have been the worst since 1932).

So I wonder exactly what it was I got up at 2am for some times :)
I am totally psyched by how well Canada did at the Olympics (and hockey, of course).
post=126013
Uhm... The Olympics are over now. Time to look forward to the next thing. It was fun (though a lot more unfun than fun) while it lasted.

Haha, no Canadian is going to allow you to simply forget the Olympics happened!
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
I was just pleased to see my favourite sport (figureskating) go to the two most deserving skaters. Evan Lysacek in the men's and Yu-Na Kim in the women's.

Both skated excellent programmes, and they were a lot of fun to watch. And seriously, the look on Evgeni Plushenko's face when he didn't win after he'd been an asshole for pretty much the whole competition- totally priceless. And well-deserved too.
Figure skatin' ain't a sport. :P
A sport is commonly defined as an organized, competitive, and skillful physical activity requiring commitment and fair play. It is governed by a set of rules or customs. In a sport the key factors are the physical capabilities and skills of the competitor when determining the outcome (winning or losing). The physical activity involves the movement of people, animals and/or a variety of objects such as balls and machines.

according to wikipedia it is.
Fuukkk wikipedia.

Why are are you getting' on my bad side? I was just joking... :/

Rugby. Now there's a sport. ;)
wembley '66 basically
Didn't get to see the game unfortunately.

Canadians now have the gold medal and health care.
Canadian Hockey + Healthcare = a beat em' up with full free recoveries. :)

And they pay for it. Best country ever.
It's the circle of life.
whereas for USA it's.. hakuna matata..
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=126135
Rugby. Now there's a sport. ;)

i gotta give you this one, man. rugby is an awesome sport.
post=126852
CURLING.
HURRY HARD!!
Pages: first 12 next last