THE RMN COMIC COLLABORATION!

"But then, in a fuile attempt to save himself.."

it is all so fuile...
That was quite possibly the greatest thing I've ever read.

The ending especially.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=149097
*stabs page 2*

I love how it kind of followed a plot up until about 6 pages in. P:

YDS's page completely killed the whole thing.
Happy
Devil's in the details
Yeah it's kinda shame even though the second half was still funny. It was just kinda disappointing the whole plot got split in two! Maybe if we ever do this again it'd be required to draw things from previous page, even though I thought it already was.

Nonetheless, great comic! It was worth it.
post=149133

Yes, all of a sudden it went from awesome fighting to a briefcase labeled "IT."

But then again, I enjoy this retarded caterpillar.
Anyone who really thinks this comic should have a consistent plot is "MISSING TEH POINT!!1!1!" i hope the next one is even more crazier. My fav character from the comic was the purple cloud, I love how mr subtle drew it exactly like the original ms paint one.
post=149137
post=149133
Yes, all of a sudden it went from awesome fighting to a briefcase labeled "IT."

But then again, I enjoy this retarded caterpillar.

My work is done.
post=149151
Anyone who really thinks this comic should have a consistent plot is "MISSING TEH POINT!!1!1!" i hope the next one is even more crazier. My fav character from the comic was the purple cloud, I love how mr subtle drew it exactly like the original ms paint one.

Yeah this.

If you didn't get it the weird mutant thing on YDS's page is supposed to be the mutating thing on the last panel of the page before... but I know what you mean if you think it's a little too inconsistent.
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Wow, that...had a little of everything. Like, seriously, even zombies.

Just wow.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
If you guys hate it so much you can just go ahead and re-upload it without my page. Sorry for ruining your comic experience. I am so bad.
Aw come on, don't sulk like that :(.

Personally, I just interpreted YDS's page as what was going on in that guy's head after the slime thing ate him, or whatever.

But I guess the lesson here is to be less.. abstract and experimental?
Happy
Devil's in the details
The problem was that it is easy to misinterpret the actual context and the idea of the picture which that text refers to when so much is relied to the reader's imagination.

It's easy to draw image off from the text, but same time all the original references were lost because of the lack of description.

If you read "tentacle", you can imagine thousand different tentacles. Okay, maybe three. But the point is that the reference would've stayed with a picture there!

What is green and has tentacles? (correct answer: slime girl)
Umm, octopus with diarrhea!
A japanese man in cosplay suit!
etcetc.

edit: or maybe it was just the old guy's life flashing through his mind
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Maybe next time you can pass the last two pages to each artist, or something.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
post=149160
I am so bad.

evidently YDS grew up in the hood

or the 80s

also

post=149167
Maybe next time you can pass the last two pages to each artist, or something.

or next time we could actually give a rough draft of a story to get it started, and then everyone gets just the page before theirs as always, but they have some idea where the thing is supposed to end up. from there they can do whatever.
post=149165
But I guess the lesson here is to be less.. abstract and experimental?
why? the point was that the storyline was to be interpreted by the next artist. i liked it this way. all confusing and boundary free! good stuff!
and i hope you know passing on the next two pages would take like a year to complete haha
I was actually a little disappointed when the first couple of pages made some form of sense. I was happiest when it got to the awesome random mindfuckfest

Also, Sheila, noooo! =P
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
Rather than passing two pages, I would suggest that (if coherency is of any concern) any character shown on the page before must be included in the next page created. That way characters don't disappear if they were absent from one page and the next person writing didn't know about them.
It's not supposed to be coherent guys. =P I was actually really surprised the first few pages were so coherent.
For a coherent one you could just make each person in line have access to all pages ahead and continue the story in their own way. I did that in a Creative Writing class I took in high school actually. I find this one more interesting just seeing what information gets lost. It's like that game telephone except there is a record you can follow of how it started and where it ended.

How the Old man turned out was really funny to me. For anyone who didn't get the reference it's from the original Legend of Zelda:
We should do the next one backwards. As in, we start at the end, then the second person is given the last page, to make the second last page, to give to the third, who makes the third last page...

Like this but backwards. I can see some strange stuff coming out of that.