NEW PROJECT WITH RM2K/2K3?

It's not like you can't make a different looking game in 2k3

Also 2k3 sucking is kind of subjective cause you can make a perfectly good game with it.
No, I understand what Craze means, because there objectively a lot of things you can't do in 2K3 that you can do with XP and VX.

But, there are also a few reasons not to use those engines as well. Personally, I think everyone should be open to making and playing games from any engine, as long as you produce quality. Use what suits your needs, period.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
It's hard to make an rm2k3 game different from most when the DBS is really un-editable. Unless you like making CBSes (or don't have battles). Sure theres like 1 or 2 games that do a good job balancing the DBS and "working around" the agi problem.

VX has mapping problems, (overly exaggerated ones) but the fact that some people are willing to make rm2k3 CBS/ABSes to prove ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE makes me wonder why people aren't willing to "work around" the tileset limit (which is removed with a script). But I guess it's just a case of people not wanting to move out of the comfort zone or something.
I don't like to work with VX because most of the games are horrendously ugly and I don't want to associate my own games with them! Of course there are a lot of ugly 2k3 games, but I like a lot more 2k3 games than VX games. (In fact there only like... 1 or 2 VX games that I would even play.)

For me, it's less a sense of "hey I can potentially make better graphics with VX" than "hey I think 2k3 games look better in general." It's kind of like hanging out with a certain clique... But I am actually planning to move away from RPGMaker in general.
post=126554

Only VX can make those suikoden tiles look so tiny and lifeless.
post=126554

Only VX can make those suikoden tiles look so tiny and lifeless.

*edit*
oops sorry guys thought this was moronic
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
The problem isn't that RM2k3 makes bad games. I don't why people are so quick to use that defense of "RM2K3 CAN MAKE GOOD GAMES" when nobody is even close to arguing that. Well okay maybe some idiots are.

The point that I always try to get across is that you can do more in your game. The bar goes UP with newer engines because they can do more better and faster than the old stuff. That matters a lot. It is entirely unfathomable to do the things XP/VX does in 2k3. Does that automatically make them better games? No. But it does make those games CAPABLE of being better.

Why people wouldn't want their game to do more, look better, sound better, and control better within a reasonable jump of effort has always blown me away here.
Cause' RMVX is totally square dudes!

256 colors is the bomb-diggity yo!
Why people wouldn't want their game to do more, look better, sound better, and control better within a reasonable jump of effort has always blown me away here.

It's not so difficult to understand, people have issues with certain aspects of the engines themselves.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
post=126594
*edit*
oops sorry guys thought this was moronic

this is it this is the best post

Been overusing that one lately. Instead let me say: GRS wins this thread.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=126610
The problem isn't that RM2k3 makes bad games. I don't why people are so quick to use that defense of "RM2K3 CAN MAKE GOOD GAMES" when nobody is even close to arguing that. Well okay maybe some idiots are.

The point that I always try to get across is that you can do more in your game. The bar goes UP with newer engines because they can do more better and faster than the old stuff. That matters a lot. It is entirely unfathomable to do the things XP/VX does in 2k3. Does that automatically make them better games? No. But it does make those games CAPABLE of being better.

This is what I was saying, just more eloquently put.
This has been fun guys! I can't wait until 3 months from now when we can argue this all over again!
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
post=126619
It's not so difficult to understand, people have issues with certain aspects of the engines themselves.

Then change that part of the engine. Aside from RMVX's crappy map engine, you can alter pretty much every single thing it does. XP is even better in this regard.

I JUST HAVE ISSUES THAT I CAN COMPLETELY ALTER EVERY FACET OF MY GAME ARGH
Events > Scripting
post=126655
Kirk > Picard

fixed?
post=126659
post=126655
Picard > Krik
fixed?

NOW it's fixed.
But WIP, XP's default scripts D:
WIP
Can be modified extensively, Ness, thus changing nearly every part of your game logic.