STUPID STUFF FROM YOUR CHILDHOOD THAT NOBODY ELSE REMEMBERS

Pages: first 123456 next last
So last year I started to get curious about a TV special that was very important to me as a child called the Wizard of Oz in Concert, a cheesy tv benefit special that my family had on tape. Over the years we had lost the tape, and it didn't seem to be on Youtube, so I decided that I would ask other people on the internet about their opinions on the Wizard of Oz in Concert, to live vicariously through them, I guess. Unfortunately I really overestimated how much other people remembered cheesy TV specials, and everybody made fun of me for prefering a TV special over the actual Wizard of Oz, culminating in the following:

Look, you guys, the reason I remember this movie isn't because I lived a deprived childhood where the only things I could watch were TV specials on basic cable. I watched all the movies you guys watched! Heck, I even watched the original Wizard of Oz! But Wizard of Oz in Concert always held a special place in my heart, because it had TIMON FROM LION KING as the Cowardly Lion, and the guy playing the Scarecrow LOOKED A LOT LIKE MY GODFATHER, and as the Tinman they had a ROCK STAR THAT I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT, BUT APPARENTLY MY MOM LIKED HIM FOR SOME REASON?

So, yeah. Anybody else got any stories about stupid stuff nobody else remembers?
ROGER DALTREY and NATHAN LANE ??
post=127213
ROGER DALTREY and NATHAN LANE ??

Those were two of the guys who were in it.
treeghost
a lot better than being a wapanese kiddo
I saw last week a opening scene of an old cartoon. At first i heard something like carmen and then i was like woah. Carmen Sandiego. And now in the year 2010 no one knows were she is.

"Where the fuck is carmen sandiego?" :(
At first I thought, I remember Carmen Sandiego. But then I realized that not many of the kids of today remember her. :(
I don't remember it per se. I knew about it, but never watched it or cared. I had a couple of old PC games about her though.

Is it wierd that most of my childhood memories involve video games of some sort. Fond memories of waking up early on a sunday and playing Zelda II for the nes until about 4pm to add another star to my savegame... or playing super mario 3 with my little brother... or the original phantasy star for the master system...

Those were the days man.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Everything was awesome when we were twelve...

Seriously though, now that we live in the information age, we have a serious problem with letting things go. Myself included. While earlier generations had to keep everything alive through concerted effort, eventually some things would just be left behind, and so we have fractured history. Now, we have hard drives and try to hold onto everything we had and try to keep everything from being forgotten.

I seem to have this NEED to save everything I find even remotely interesting or valuable to dvd somewhere. Some things I havn't even looked at - I just wanted to have them safely locked away on my dvds. i don't like knowing that at any moment the place where I got it from won't be there, and then it will get washed away by time until even I forget about it. I still try to find small programs from when i was a kid...

I dunno, maybe that's just me.
TreeGhost
I saw last week a opening scene of an old cartoon. At first i heard something like carmen and then i was like woah. Carmen Sandiego. And now in the year 2010 no one knows were she is.

"Where the fuck is carmen sandiego?" :(

Carmen Sandiago was one classy villain. Check out those threads:
Oh hey I found her.

*lights go out*

FUCK
Darkwing Duck. Nobody ever remembers this until I mention it. Kickass show.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I don't recall Ms. Sandiego being that foxy.
Of course Dark Wing! I never forgot. I preferred older shows like that one with the twins who weren't twins after all and had special powers when they held hands or something. And City of Gold. ^.^ That takes me waaaay back.

Oooh! Kimba the White Lion. God I am old.

My face when remembering this and proceeding to actually watch the video.

D:
KingArthur
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ De-facto operator of the unofficial RMN IRC channel.
Oh man, Carmen Sandiego. Awesome villain. <3
You guys talking about Darkwing Duck reminded me of Duck Tales and the show about the bear that can fly an airplane.
treeghost
a lot better than being a wapanese kiddo
Tale Spin? What the...

Translated into english the german titel is called captain balu and his crew. D:
LOL YES!

That was the name! Tales Spin lol
Tale Spin was great, same with Darkwing Duck. Also:

-Inspector Gadget
-Transformers
-He-Man
-TMNT
-the first and second TMNT movies
-LEGO
-Cabbage Patch Dolls
-Aladdin (the cartoon)
-The Mighty Ducks