MICROSOFT COURIER

Pages: 1
Anyone else think the Microsoft Courier looks promising?

This is Microsoft's answer to the iPad. It is slated for release towards the end of the year but all details are pretty thin right now.

The concept seems to be leaning towards designers of all kinds but it will do that well if it turns out to be anything like in the videos. It should also be a nice ebook reader and journal keeper amongst other things.

The fact that it folds is great, not only for screen protection but also that you can have a keyboard on one side and screen on the other (i.e. Nintendo DS). I think that setup should be more gamer friendly that the iPad.

As I said, details are slim and the device is only on the drawing board, but I urge you to check out the link and check out the videos.

Engadget - Microsoft Courier:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/05/microsofts-courier-digital-journal-exclusive-pictures-and-de/
Anyone else think this thread could use some fleshing out?
Haha, sorry, I just thought, "hey, someone should look at this, must post link!". Will edit right away.
lol, I didn't know that the iPad needed an answer! I thought the iPad was a pretty 'meh' product idea.
Well I thought so too. But that's my point. Someone needed to answer Apple's 'meh' with 'blamo I got +7 internets with my awesome gadget'. I came across this because I wanted to by an ereader. I was looking into the Kindle vs. iPad. I know the iPad is an oversized iTouch, but if I was going to buy an ereader it wouldn't kill me to have something that does things other than just books.

That's when I came across this and figured I'd try to garner some opinions on it. I myself see myself waiting for this thing to debut as I'm not in a particular rush for an ereader or tablet PC.
As for eReaders and the like, I think those tiny 10 inch mini-notebooks (whatever their called) would make a good fit. They are about $300 on average, plus have an entire full fledged OS behind them (and things like a keyboard).
This looks like something I absolutely do not need but I can see how others might think they do

So basically like 99% of consumer electronics in general

*sits on milk crate on front porch, spits into a soup can/ashtray/spittoon*
That's true. A netbook would have a solid OS packed in it but you can't draw on a netbook (as far as I know) which for me, is a neat advantage of this gadget. It's not for everyone I say, but it is a nice commodity for those with it's features in mind. I hope that it has an app for 3D drawing (similar to the iPhone's iSculpt).
here's my answer to the ipad

(it's a photograph of my dick)
I take it, it fits in the iPad's headphone jack. ;) j/k man, lol
Pages: 1