CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH MY CUSTOM BATTLE SYSTEM

Pages: 1
note:im using rm2k3
im working on a custom battle system but having troubles with selecting options. it pretty much shows the character image then has the options. the optios are atack-use youre basic atack skills-use youre skills charge-charge up so in youre next turn you can use special special-youre strongest atack wait-skip youre turn mainly i just need help with selecting options. if youd like to help tell me. ill pm you some examples of the eventing and see if you can figure out my problem.
That is pretty basic and if you can't do that, you'll probably be unable to figure out many other parts of making a CBS...
i do actually have a cbs that does work but im using it for a different game series.
i dont know why my selecting doesnt work... i made a key input processing event and made it that if up is pressed the variable menu -1 and down makes it +1 and depending on what the variable is it displays you having a arrow pointing at something on the menu and space is supposed to activate the selected option. i have everything for sonics menu setup but it doesnt work. does anyone understand what my problem is. i think i set it up right.

off topic:just in case youre wondering why i have sonic in my game its because its a game about video game worlds colliding
I am pretty sure the converse to the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" rule applies here.

That is, since it is broken, it's almost certainly your damn fault.
Learn to debug. Change one variable and see what happens to find the offending issue.

What I suggest in this case: Set a parallel process and an input key invent. While pressing that key, press F9 to make sure your key input is changing the variable to the correct number. If that's right, continue step by step until you've rebuilt your CMS.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I thought everyone was being pretty catty and unhelpful here (crass, to use Kentona's word) and then I saw this:

off topic:just in case youre wondering why i have sonic in my game its because its a game about video game worlds colliding

And all sympathy evaporated like morning dew.
post=128816
i do actually have a cbs that does work but im using it for a different game series.
i dont know why my selecting doesnt work... i made a key input processing event and made it that if up is pressed the variable menu -1 and down makes it +1 and depending on what the variable is it displays you having a arrow pointing at something on the menu and space is supposed to activate the selected option. i have everything for sonics menu setup but it doesnt work. does anyone understand what my problem is. i think i set it up right.

Obviously it is not set up right. And if you have a full working CBS then this really shouldn't be a problem. In fact, this is probably the most basic part of any CBS/CMS (and most integral.)

I'd crack open something that has a working one and poke around with it.
Pages: 1