(RPG MAKER XP) RE-APPEARING MONSTERS

Pages: first 12 next last
I was wondering how to make my enamies re-appear after a certin ammount of time, i don't have like trhat 30 step monster appear random thing i have real guys monsters walking around and as soon as i collide with them we get into a fight.

Sofar i've done this:

Battle Processing: Ghost*2
Control Switches: = ON (Or 2 or whatever to stop them all disapearing at once)

And on page 2 it's an empty graphic with no code, to make nothing there.

They Disapear all fine so theres no problem with them, i just wan't the to come back after a certin ammount of time, any ideas?

Sorry i'm new to this system haha. :D
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
this is incredibly simple.

have another event (or common event) that triggers, say, when you leave the map to turn off allll the switches that make the wandering monsters dissapear. if you make it a common event you can call it from every single teleport/transfer square.

it is easier to do it when you leave a map than after a certain amount of time, but making it timing based is also far from impossible.
post=129286
this is incredibly simple.

have another event (or common event) that triggers, say, when you leave the map to turn off allll the switches that make the wandering monsters dissapear. if you make it a common event you can call it from every single teleport/transfer square.

it is easier to do it when you leave a map than after a certain amount of time, but making it timing based is also far from impossible.

What do i need to do this, i found the common event thing and i made a little tab in the corner to edit but idk what to do with it.
I think i should probly just stick to making rando enamies appear until my game making skills get better. :)
You can take what both Max and FG said.

Make a common event that turns off all the switches and put it into your teleport events.

It's not that time-consuming, but if you don't spend time on your gams, there's no point in making one.
Oh trust me i've spent time on making this game.

I've spent a total of 5 hours desighning what my charactors looked like, i decided to make origional charactors and then making them have different uniforms to wear, the uniforms look badass too! :D

If you realy wan't to see them i can show you guys them.

But i still don't know everything about RPG Maker, as for those ghost monsters i made i worked out how to make them an enamy, i worked out how to make my guy join my party and everything.

Everything i've done in my game i did myself without knowing anything, i only started using RPG Maker a few weeks ago and i once made an account here about a year ago in the past.
5 hours don't seem like a lot :/

But anyways, you should practice using RPG Maker before you think about making your game. Just jumping in without knowing anything will take to long. You gotta know what you're doing before you make your own original game.
I said i spent 5 hours making what my charactors look like, the whole game has been about 5 days and i've only done about 4%.

I also spent 2 weeks practicing the system but i don't know all of it, i watched almost every RPG Maker XP tutorial on youtube but some other stuff i worked out on my own, download the demo of my game when it comes out, unfortunatly it's pending lol, there are some screenshots done.
Yeah, I know what you said, it's not a lot. 2 weeks of practice isn't a lot either.

I spent months practicing with XP before I decided to start making a game(which I just recently started myself)
You should make a practice game using the RTP and get to know it from the back of your hand before starting your project.

You should know how long it takes to make a game. If you have to stop just to figure out how to do something simple, it will take you forever to even make a demo!
Maybe you take longer to make games than me, i know some pretty complex stuff about RPG Maker too but theres some small stuff i don't know.
Ty for the info, i've just decided to make it random battles, maybe later down the track i will use some kind of mapping system for my battles rather than random encounters.

Also the main point of my game is the story line, i have a fantastic story line going which is realy cool. :D
I did what you said but my ghost enamy isnt appearing, this is the script:

PAge1:

Battle Event processing: Ghost*2
Control Switches: = ON

PAge2:

Wait: 300 Frame(s)
Control Switches: = OFF

Both of the pages are on parralell process and page 1 has switch ticked as 0026: Ghost Alive.

Page 2 has 0001:

What am i doing wrong?
Max McGee
Does XP have the option to create a common event with no trigger? That is what I was thinking of. It exists in VX. Basically the common event will only be called by a "Call Common Event" event command so you don't have to worry about parallel processes/pages/triggers. Hmm.

For now, try this. Make two test maps connected by a teleport event (one on each map, obviously) with one test enemy on each map. If, for example, switches 001 and 002 make the enemies dissapear, have each teleport event that goes between the two maps include a "Turn Swtiches 001..002 Off" event command. The whole teleport event should be maybe:

Fadeout Screen
Turn Off Switches: 001..002
Transfer Player to: Map, x, y, Facing
Fadein Screen

Now once you figure that out, you have two choices.

(Keep increasing the number of switches to turn off and copy pasting it into every teleport event. i.e. at one point every teleport event might look like: )

Fadeout Screen
Turn Off Switches: 001..449
Fadein Screen

Alternatively, just create a common event called "Respawn Monsters", if possible give it one page and no trigger and have its sole contents be "Turn Off Swtiches: 001..449". (If RMXP can't handle "On Call Only" Common Events I don't know how to explain this in a way you'll understand.)

Then on each teleport event, have:

Fadeout Screen
Call Common Event: Respawn Monsters
Fadein Screen

I don't know how to be any clearer. Try to take this post as standalone and disregard the other advice you've gotten for now, otherwise "too many cooks,,," will cause you to be confused.

Fun game making advice, by the way! Accept that the first FIVE GAMES (not projects, but GAMES) you make will COMPLETELY SUCK. Don't waste any great ideas on them, or be prepared ot re-execute them time and time again as you realize periodically how much you have failed at implementaiton. Failing hard is the most important part of learning.
I got it to work!!! Ty so much Max!!

Also i wan't to perfect this game even though it's probly my 3rd, i've already made a sceen where a school fight breaks out and a scene where a dragon gives a kid a Dragon lord curse mark and swears vengance on the world, i realy wan't to make a demo to show you guys that even though i've been working on this in my spare time for 2 weeks, an amature can still do stuff. :D
Max McGee
i've already made a sceen where a school fight breaks out and a scene where a dragon gives a kid a Dragon lord curse mark and swears vengance on the world

...great. I am glad I was able to contribute to this masterpiece in the making. : |
post=129436
i've already made a sceen where a school fight breaks out and a scene where a dragon gives a kid a Dragon lord curse mark and swears vengance on the world
...great. I am glad I was able to contribute to this masterpiece in the making. : |

Hahahahahahahahaha, well i'm trying to get my game pending but it has been for 3 days and i have 3 screenshots and all the required things filled out.

http://rpgmaker.net/account/games/1948/
I just see my games when I click on that.
Pages: first 12 next last