MY THOUGHTS ON MEGA MAN X CORRUPTED (SOME GAME THAT'S ON YOUTUBE)

Pages: 1
Who here thinks Capcom is gonna send a cease and desist letter to them. Just like when Square Enix gave the rabies to the Chrono trigger fans for doing fan made games?
There are a shitton of megaman fangames that seem to be doing fine. So I don't think so and probably don't care.
C&D are the new hard drive failures
Isn't Megaman X: Corrupted made by JKB, the guy who made that ninja demo on rm2k3 a few years back?
This is hardly your thoughts...

And yeah, JKB made it. And I highly doubt it will get C&D'd.
It looks quite interesting from the videos I've seen. I'm pondering if it's somewhat of an open-ended game, because, from the videos, it looks like there isn't a stage select option and it's just one giant world.
IIRC, Capcom is a lot cooler about this kind of stuff than Square-Enix, so I think they'll be fine. I think Capcom has even hired some people who have done fan stuff for Mega Man, but which is pretty badass if it's true.
post=133182
I think Capcom has even hired some people who have done fan stuff for Mega Man, but which is pretty badass if it's true.

If that was true, it would be more badass as than anything ever.
Square's actions against the CT game are actually a tad odd, from what I understand of Japanese handling of copyright stuff. Companies tend to be pretty cool about fanmade stuff, as long as nobody is trying to steal credit or make (too much?) money. A good example is how Type Moon (makers of Tsukihime, a dating game/ visual novel) were pretty alright with some fans making Melty Blood (a crazy knockoff fighting game).

So I doubt Capcom will do anything. Square was just being particularly anal for some reason. I don't know why.
I'm guessing the Square-Enix situation was down to the Chrono Trigger fan sequel being a ROM hack instead of, say, an RPG Maker game.
post=133647
I'm guessing the Square-Enix situation was down to the Chrono Trigger fan sequel being a ROM hack instead of, say, an RPG Maker game.

... Uh, except the game was a 3D remake of CT?

Also the RPGMaker game Donald Fuck RPG got C&D'd.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
hahahahahahaha

Well I guess there is some accounting for taste then.
Nah, he's talking about Crimson Echoes. There are some people out there who actually e-mail SE about these things. They lie and say the modders were going to sell the game for actual cash, which is totally false. They simply want to see things crash and burn.

http://crimsonechoes.com/

But JKB is really talented and it's good to see him getting so much publicity. Every single game I've played and seen from him is pretty much top quality.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
Seriously though...what the hell IS the Donald Fuck RPG? I mean, is that like...a real thing?

Has anyone played it?
http://www.opcoder.com/projects/chrono/ Thought it was this.
And yes, I've played it. Someone put the download up recently... Although they shouldn't have.
post=133231
post=133182
I think Capcom has even hired some people who have done fan stuff for Mega Man, but which is pretty badass if it's true.
If that was true, it would be more badass as than anything ever.

see mega ran 9
Yeah, but I think it would be pretty impossible to link a rom hack/rpgmaker to something like the 3d chrono remake.

Also, I'm pretty sure the donald fuck thing was just a way for the guy to stop working on it. No rm game has ever been c&d'd before. We were all just little 13 year old kids who believed anything back then, so that's probably why we believed that. Remember the Daniel guy making the 2d ocarina of time game?
Pages: 1