EDITING CHIPSETS

Pages: 1
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
I'm having trouble editing chipsets in Windows 7. Every time I try to mix chipsets using paint, they just appear as a black screen in the maker. It must have something to do with my settings on this new OS, but I can't figure it out. Help?
What maker? If it is 2003 you need to convert the png to 256 colors, using a program like Irfanview.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Nope, it's RPG Maker 2000. I was able to edit chipsets fine with Windows XP's paint program.
post=134192
Nope, it's RPG Maker 2000. I was able to edit chipsets fine with Windows XP's paint program.
Same thing applies with 2000. Download Irfanview (for free!) and use it to reduce the color depth of your PNGs to 256 colors.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Alright, I'll give that a try. Thanks.
I also recommend Fast Stone Photo Resizer if you need to convert a batch of images. http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm
Graphics Gale is a pretty nice editor as well, especially when it comes to resizing tiles
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
**** Windows 7! Nothing is working! Looks like I'll probably never get to edit chipsets on my own.

Edit: I finally got it.
download Paint.NET . It's free, easy, and works a million times better than MSPaint. And, you can save images as a .png in 8-bit color mode, making them compatible with rm2k/3.
Pages: 1