HOW'D YOU DECIDE ON A GAME TITLE?

Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Well, I generally like to include the main themes of the game in the title, and along with that I like to have the ability to say the title within my story. So Cosplay Crisis came from the fact it's about cosplaying and a crisis, blood roses are an edible flower for vampires, etc.
What I did for my secret project at first was use a placeholder title (the dark war), and yes I know that is as cliche as it gets, and then eventually took a continent from my game and added the word shadow, to hint at the looming war. Currently my game is named Drathul's Shadow. Thats about all the information your gonna get about it though.
benos
My mind is full of fuck.
Zorn tools and seventh sanctum website can work your wonders.
I think about what the main story is about, then I add a little fantasy to it. Usually the titles I come up with are cliche I.E "Eternal Blade" or "Oddysey of the lost" or "Ledgends Of:" but then I add both my fantasy genre, In which case I came up with titles like "Crystal White" or "Drops Of Remorse" or "The Stasis Of Silence" but in total, my game I actually conjured up is called "The Sealed Link: Vengeance"

Usually the titles of a game is based on the back of your game. Obviously It can't be a game about a post-apocalapse but called "Tranquility's Spoils" or something like that. Well, I guess it could, but the story would have to be deeper than usual.

I usually just write down all the words I can think of, usually ones to do with emotion or an adjective or subject on something rather sympathetic. And then just write words of a similar or matching comparison.
Well, let's look at all my game design concepts (and one finished game...)

Stratosphere: It's about jumping around in the sky, so I ended up just finding a fancy term for sky.

Black Box Soul: The main robot race of the game are powered by mysterious bits of black box technology, that act as sort of the robot's soul. So the choice was obvious to name it Robot Boogie Adventures.

Clockwork Alia: Another robot thing, with the main character being a 19th century-esque clockpunk robot.

Diver: I don't even fucking know. I think I was just thinking about Holy Diver at the time.

Pie Quest: It's a quest for pie.
No sense in me beating around the bush and claiming it's something else. A little name recognition doesn't hurt either.
I like to write a bunch of words on small pieces of paper, then mix them all up in a hat and draw them out in a random order. I then use that name, and try to think of what kind of story and gameplay mechanics said game will have.

Let's see, my next game will be called... "Predatory Ghost Fungus Sword: Twilight of the Salamander Maids".

Time to get to work!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
The "Edifice" series hinges on a giant tower that pins two worlds together and serves as the location of the afterlife; thus, they're all The Edifice.

Edifice: Dark Guidance is called that specifically because it has a "Guidance" command in the menu that will let you ask the Abyssal Ones (those Demons from the original) what you should do next. They're dark... and they guide you... and there are more reasons, but, uh, spoiler territory. It also evokes a sense of morbidity when you hear it... yeah, it's a dungeon crawler RPG, but you're clearly not going to be helped along by any angels or goodie-two-shoes.

Edifice: Rigid Grave is something I'm probably going to whip together prior to E:DG simply because it's much shorter and helps explain what's going on in the other world. I'm calling it "Rigid Grave" because it's about a group of pilgrims carrying a corpse across a continent, and it's a sort-of pun on "rigor mortis." I'm not a huge fan of throwing Latin around everywhere ("Diablocide" aside), though, so it's Rigid Grave.

Edifice: Beyond the Truth (essentially what's going to be a remake of the original Edifice, Carmilla and all) is very much about character interaction and revelations. Every sequel ever is called "Something: Revelations," so that's out; "Beyond the Truth" fits the constantly-asked question within the game of "what is reality, and is it necessary to believe in it?" It's a clash of religions, kind of, and the characters moving beyond their differences to unify against the Edifice itself.

and... this is a necroposted topic, uh well, already typed that all up so

yeah whoops
Versalia
must be all that rtp in your diet
author=tpasmall
That sounds a lot like FF9.

what

how

what
InfectionFiles
the world ends in whatever my makerscore currently is
author=Versalia
author=tpasmall
That sounds a lot like FF9.
what

how

what
Haha, I'm guessing just this part:
The "Edifice" series hinges on a giant tower that pins two worlds together and serves as the location of the afterlife; thus, they're all The Edifice.
How FF9 had Gaia and Terra and then the "afterlife" where Necron was, or something.

I didn't get it either.

On Topic: I got the title for my game pretty easily, a very simple one, but effective.
In Infection there is a virus that make people, that's right you guessed it, infected!
They aren't zombies, technically. They are infected, thus Infection.
slash
APATHY IS FOR COWARDS
If I ever make another RPG Maker game, the title is going to be "I Want You Dead".

It seems direct enough.
author=slashphoenix
If I ever make another RPG Maker game, the title is going to be "I Want You Dead".

It seems direct enough.

http://rpgmaker.net/games/1325/
author=InfectionFiles
Haha, I'm guessing just this part:

How FF9 had Gaia and Terra and then the "afterlife" where Necron was, or something.

Yeah, I'll be honest, I was too lazy to read anything past that haha.
Ronove
More like Misao Stealing Prince
When naming games, I tend to take inspirations from songs. Sometimes very literally.
I suck with names... I can try thinking of one for a while only to end up coming up with something stupid, lol.

More or less the same thing happened with my game's title. I was about to release my demo on another site (which is pretty much everything I did up to that point but still has decent amount of stuff, I think lol) and I needed to come up with a name since I didn't have a name at that point. Now I have no idea what my thoughts was that eventually come up with the name. Eventually I put my main character's name, Austin, with the very group of people he's gonna end up traveling with, which is the Desert Heart Trio (Austin and the Desert Heart Trio).

Now I personally feel the name is stupid but I came up with reason with the name is stupid. In game the "Desert heart Trio" name is the name an 8 year old girl came up with when she and her two friends pretended to be heroes.

So I figured out stupid names are fine as long as their is a reason behind it that makes perfect sense.

Anywho, that's how i came up with my game's name.
I make my titles based on the story, a plot point from the story, or the character name or mixes of all.
came up with the title when i learned that these things:

were called 'radio buttons'
My title=the game I'm copying. I make fan games to avoid as much original thought as possible :3