WHAT RMN GAME ARE YOU PLAYING NOW?

Tell us about an RMN game you're playing, comment on somebody else's post, or both! Because you can't see a comment on a game unless you're already looking at the game page.
Everybody's seen the "What are you working on now" thread by now, the concept shouldn't be too different.

Some guidelines:
-Do NOT tell us about playing your own game. We all testplay, and we don't want to hear about it here.
-Responding to other players is encouraged, even about your own game. The purpose of the thread is to foster discussion! That said, long back-and-forth exchanges where the creator grills one person about things they liked and didn't like might fit better somewhere else? We'll play that by ear.
-No concrete spoiler policy, but keep in mind people may decide to play games based on posts here.
-Meta discussion about the purpose of the thread/what should be in this post is also welcome, as long as it doesn't take over the thread.

--------------------

I just finished Dhux's Scar. PE was an interesting idea that I don't think really worked out right. Save points were rarely at logical places with regard to saving PE (i.e., the beginning and end of a zone) so the effect was mostly to make me run away from everything in a zone until I reached a save point, then backtrack to that save point until I had to move on. Which was a bit tedious.

(The zone with enemy groups with multiple multitarget stun users may have contributed to this caution.)

Anyway, as my caution would suggest I got the B ending. The plot was really well done; despite the above and some other caveats (bosses really dragged, especially the storyline-only ones) I enjoyed it.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
I am playing Darksteel. Not, you know, actively. It is just the game I am intending to play right now. I played a little bit and will hopefully pick it up before too long.
I was playing Aw(e)some Quest.

I thought it would be a funny game, but it most certainly is not. The dialogue is bad and confusing, the battles long and monotonous, and the graphics bland and on occasion clashing. And although I haven't beaten it(and don't plan to) it seems to be long and repetitive.
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
Since I have my own gameplay topic (which by the way is a little behind), I'll be contributing mostly in terms on commenting on what others are playing, especially if I have actually played it, even if it was way back when.

post=138264
I just finished Dhux's Scar. PE was an interesting idea that I don't think really worked out right. Save points were rarely at logical places with regard to saving PE (i.e., the beginning and end of a zone) so the effect was mostly to make me run away from everything in a zone until I reached a save point, then backtrack to that save point until I had to move on. Which was a bit tedious.

(The zone with enemy groups with multiple multitarget stun users may have contributed to this caution.)

Anyway, as my caution would suggest I got the B ending. The plot was really well done; despite the above and some other caveats (bosses really dragged, especially the storyline-only ones) I enjoyed it.

It's been quite a while since I played Dhux's Scar, but I also remember the save point issue. I don't think I got around it the way you did, though. Yeah, I got the normal ending and agree that the plot was superb (quite unexpected and somewhat shocking). I probably wouldn't mind playing it again just to get the B ending.

post=138268
I was playing Aw(e)some Quest.

I thought it would be a funny game, but it most certainly is not. The dialogue is bad and confusing, the battles long and monotonous, and the graphics bland and on occasion clashing. And although I haven't beaten it(and don't plan to) it seems to be long and repetitive.

Yeah, I also had an issue with the title. Can you believe there was a screenshot in the game page that had the default Game Over screen? We set the developer straight, as you can imagine, and it was changed. It's a good example of a no-no for all developers out there. Also, I have found that even if you want to beat it, you might not be able to because of an issue. I haven't received confirmation from the developer yet whether it is the case or not.

Trying to give a shot at all Game Gale entries. Haven't played them all yet, but so far my favorites are LuxLicentia and Retro Fatale.
I've been playing, and have recently finished Visions & Voices. That was an awesome game, and definitely one of the better RPG Maker projects I've ever played. The balance was near perfect, and sort of nudged its way in to a borderline "hard" difficulty during some portions of the game, but that just made me want to play it even more. I still loved it, though.

Now I'm testing Phantasia 5.
I'm just wondering if this should be stuff that's posted on the respective gameprofiles.

It ALSO got me thinking that if the users of RMN think that it is worthwhile to have some sort of collection point to discuss currently played games, there should probably be some sort of feature built into the next version NotRMNv4 that accomplishes it. Like a Comment Repository or feed.
Played a bit of Lux Licentia, really fun, exactly my type of game. Will pick it up again sooner or later. Also getting through the Carlsev Saga Ep 1, and The Tiamat Sacrament. Both, so far, are pretty damn awesome.

post=138265
I am playing Darksteel. Not, you know, actively. It is just the game I am intending to play right now. I played a little bit and will hopefully pick it up before too long.

The "fire-water-earth" puzzle has been known to cause some players much grief, so in case you get stuck, here's a solution guide:
http://rpgmaker.net/users/narcodis/locker/fwe-solution.jpg
Replaying Carlsev Saga to see how it's changed since I last played it. I don't believe I've ever run into a game updated and expanded as frequently as this one.
stop posting this, forum advertising isn't allowed -staff
Stop posting advertisements in the forums.
One Night 2. I keep jumping, which I don't like, and so I turn it off. Needless to say, it's going quite slowly lol, but quite well done overall.
Playing Push!, the rm2k3 picross. This game is amazing. A lot of complexity a didn't expect.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Sei is akin to a god amongst men.

The god of pregnancy and fairies (...and rabbits 69ing).
halibabica
RMN's Official Reviewmonger
from sbester
One Night 2. I keep jumping, which I don't like, and so I turn it off. Needless to say, it's going quite slowly lol, but quite well done overall.

I know how that feels! I'm such a coward...

I've been playing a bunch of Game Gale stuff. I finished quite a few, but there are others I want to take a closer look at. And some I couldn't even get to run. o.O
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
None. I've been too busy. But I've got a pretty urgent backlog.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Playing lots of games right now.

I've been going through all the Lysander games, including Phantasy Star III and that one with the custom battle system.

I'm also finishing up Carpe Diem and V&V. There are many other games on queue!
Demon Legacy and Lux Licentia. Will play Beautiful Escape soon after finished either of those two games.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=139694
Playing lots of games right now.

I've been going through all the Lysander games, including Phantasy Star III and that one with the custom battle system.

I'm also finishing up Carpe Diem and V&V. There are many other games on queue!

I like you.