HI , I'M GOING TO SLEEP || ΓÎΜιά ÏƑας, αποκοιμάμαι

Pages: first 12 next last
So folks, How

My username here is Sarris, but you can call me whatever. I'm a Greek(if the theme didn't tip you off), an Engineer, and I have a ton of freetime this summer. I'll be making stuff and seeing what ideas I can get going.

But, I want to bedtime for me, otherwise, I will be given to the crows.

Good night and sleep well. If you're into the whole sleeping thing. I know plenty of Engineering folks who gave up engineering for Lent and never took it back now that they have an undying love for caffeine.

NOT ME^

Night
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
what is this i don't even
Greeks are cool. Welcome to RMN! Post lots!
Greek Engineers are even better.

Sentry Down.
Slick, now there's 3 engineers on the forums.
tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
the fuck is this
post=139176
Greek Engineers are even better.

Sentry Down.

more like σκοπός κάτω!!
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
Hi, Sarris. Welcome to RMN! What kind of Engineer are you? I'm ChemE.

post=139168
I know plenty of Engineering folks who gave up engineering for Lent and never took it back now that they have an undying love for caffeine.

NOT ME^

Night

No, I didn't give up on it. Even though I also have that undying love for caffeine. Engineering dropouts in Greece are strange. I don't see how Lent and caffeine are related ...
I'm an Electrical Engineer.

As for the caffeine, I know people who gave it up for Lent, but most of the folks from college Engneering that I've remembered don't sleep enough. It was a bad joke.
edchuy
OK. Thanks for sharing and clearing that up. Yeah, I remember those days. Give up caffeine would be hard for me to do even now. Those people must be seriously religious.
Yeah, that's my home group.

It's odd though, I never started coffee, but I love the taste and everything about. If I drink it now, I get all twitchy.
edchuy
Only with coffee or anything with caffeine in it? You can also drink decaffeinated to avoid any bad side effects. It's funny, I was at this hotel that had free complimentary coffee and a coffeemaker in the room. So I made some coffee and I didn't feel anything. It turn out to be that what I made was decaffeinated.

And don't worry. I have bad reactions to alcohol which depend on the drink involved. I lack the enzyme to break down ethanol.
I assume Lent is some religious thing?
edchuy
post=139244
I assume Lent is some religious thing?

Yeah, kentona. You probably have heard of Mardi Gras and the Brazilian Carnival. They occur just before Lent. I don't know if you have seen people (mostly devout Catholics) with an ash cross on their forehead on Ash Wednesday. That happens to be the first day of Lent. It last a total 40 days, the last one being Easter Sunday. There's a whole bunch of things involved, but it's probably best you see it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lent

BTW, I am not a particularly religious person. However, I am familiar with it because many of the people I've known are. Also, good choice, Donatello, the smart TMNT.
Yeah, I was being facetious. I know what Lent is. Actually, I went to a catholic elementary and high school growing up (they were the only system to teach French immersion where I grew up). I even got that dirt smeared on my forehead. But even then back when I was a lad a lot of this religious stuff didn't make any sense to me.

Also, I had NO IDEA there was a connection between Mardi Gras and the Carnival and Lent until just earlier this year. I find it amusing that a religious practice is a direct cause of such unrestricted hedonism!
edchuy
post=139251
Also, I had NO IDEA there was a connection between Mardi Gras and the Carnival and Lent until just earlier this year. I find it amusing that a religious practice is a direct cause of such unrestricted hedonism!

Yeah, in fact this caffeine withdrawal thing is new to me, although not surprising. The worse pratice I have seen related to Lent I have seen is eating salted cod on Fridays. Tried it once and never again will I do it, unless they pay me a million bucks or something like that.
Religions are weird.
edchuy
Yeah, see all the uproar over the winner of Miss USA? I guess the terrorists have won.

EDIT: In case you're not being facetious, here it is:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100518/lf_afp/lifestylelebanonuswomenbeautycontroversy_20100518200033
I must live under a rock!
edchuy
Too bad you had to go to Catholic school. Then again, many people I have met who have have a great backlash due to it. I don't know, could it had been the paddles?

Also, going to French immersion must have been interesting, monsieur kentona!
Pages: first 12 next last