NEW RUSH SONG!

Pages: first 12 next last
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
It's called 'Caravan'

Amazing instrumental mid-song.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Rush are still the vanguard of the Rock genre, 42 years after their formation.
we have a whole section for this and you missed it ??
I don't know why, but I can never take prog rock seriously.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Rush haven't really been classic prog rock since 1978 or so. Since then, they've basically been their own genre.

Edit: Geodude, this is far bigger news than a single post in a youtube thread would warrant :) Kentona's from Canada, so I'm sure he's dancing himself silly.
post=141728
Rush haven't really been classic prog rock since 1978 or so. Since then, they've basically been their own genre.

Actually, THIS is why I can't take prog rock seriously.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=141731
post=141728
Actually, THIS is why I can't take prog rock seriously.

Hmm? Not sure I get what you mean.
post=141726
there aren't many discussion topics in there but that's where they're supposed to be nonetheless
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=141733
post=141726

Edit: That thread is more for discussion on user-generated art and literature. This is more of a "breaking news" thread.
post=141725
Rush are still the vanguard of the Rock genre, 42 years after their formation.

not going near this thread but when you say "rock" you mean a specific type of bombastic dinosaur prog right because

actually no i'm not doing this aaa
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Like I said, they haven't been bombastic prog in decades.

Edit: Not that I have anything against that. I love Yes, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, etc.
post=141734
Edit: That thread is more for discussion on user-generated art and literature. This is more of a "breaking news" thread.

yup that's why the reading / red letter media / oneups / top films threads are there right?
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Relax, Geodude. It's just a thread.
this is your horse. this is me down here on the ground. are we on the same page
what is prog rock? I have no idea.

I basically classify all my music in very high level genres like "Rock", "Metal", "Country", "Rap", "Pop", "Techno", "Gospel", "Jazz" and "Classical" (and maybe one or too more). Any further classification is lost on me. Well, I guess growing up in the 90's I still think of "Alternative" as a genre. But that's it.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=141742
what is prog rock? I have no idea.

I basically classify all my music in very high level genres like "Rock", "Metal", "Country", "Rap", "Pop", "Techno", "Gospel", "Jazz" and "Classical" (and maybe one or too more). Any further classification is lost on me. Well, I guess growing up in the 90's I still think of "Alternative" as a genre. But that's it.

Prog Rock is basically this subgenre of Rock that incorporates more complex music and cheesy lyrics and such. I like it, but a lot of people hate it because it's over-the-top and kind of hard to get into. And, as someone has just pointed out, whenever I like to display my enjoyment of it, I am branded "arrogant". Am I dissing other music? No, I'm simply talking about my enjoyment of this. People have favorite bands, and just because they talk about them with pride doesn't mean they're arrogant.

Also, Geodude, you were the one who came in here and lectured me about thread placement. That puts me on the high horse? I don't like to start arguments, but I will defend myself as such.
Moved.

Also, I still don't understand the distinction. So...regular rock can't have complex music?
'alternative' is now 'indie,' but sort of not really

just to clear that up for you!
due to be changed to 'wishy-washy' any day now
fuck 'indie'. That doesn't describe the music style at all. How the music is produced shouldn't be used in classifying its genre!
Pages: first 12 next last