E3 2010

So e3 is just around the corner. I'd thought I'd make a general topic for the hell of it. For those of you not in the know http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_Entertainment_Expo short non wiki answer: a big video game show where every big game company sticks their wang out to show off the latest stuff. To any gamer it means big announcements, silly gifs/photoshops, console wars, and more! Kinda like the video game business world cup.

The show this year is on June 15-17, there will be livestreams of the big company conferences scheduled at (Pacific time):

Monday:

10:00 AM
Microsoft Press Conference
2:00 PM
EA Press Conference
5:00 PM
Ubisoft Press Conference

Tuesdays

9:00 AM
Nintendo Press Conference
12:00 PM
Sony Press Conference

Those are at least the most notable ones. I'll probably stick around for Nintendo and Sony, maybe Microsoft if I'm not too busy. The livestreams will happen on gamespot, gamestrailers, etc. the usual gamer sites.

Shit to expect:

Nintendo:
more info on Zelda Wii
more info on the 3DS
more Wii games? I think there was a mention of a 'hardcore title' being announced (please be f-zero ;_;)

Sony
More stuff on the PSMove I guess?
The conference being hosted by THIS GUY(master troll)
LBP2 stuff?

Microsoft
More Natal info?
idk help me add to this list

Valve
A "surprise" at their booth (LEFT 4 PORTAL 3:EPISODE 3) but apparently it isn't going to be Half Life ep 3.

Post your predictions, maybe press hints on what to expect, thoughts etc.
Busy on Monday and Tuesday afternoon. Laaame. I'll have to watch and catch up and hope no one spoils it on MSN.
F-Zero is hardcore?

Also, what was all that talk a few years ago about E3 being cancelled or something?
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Yeah, I wondered about that too. I remember all the companies being like "screw this shit, it's way too expensive" and hearing it was dying a slow pathetic death, and then suddenly it came back like nothing had happened.
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
After 5 minutes of research, I discovered that they scaled it back in 2007 because they were annoyed that bloggers and other non-professionals were getting in on the E3 action, and E3 became by invite only (although they still had an indie gamer section). Attendance was 10,000, down from 60,000. 2008 scaled back further, and had an attendance of 5,000.

Finally, they scaled it back up again, even bigger than before in 2009 and got an attendance of 40,000.
post=143549
F-Zero is hardcore?

Dear Nintendo:
YOUR COCKSUCKING PRODUCT HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY ****ING GRIEF IT'S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Seriously, I am jumping up and down and throwing my shit in handfuls at the ****ing television in some impotent primal effort to get the thing to work. I have been sitting here trying to enjoy your product - YOUR PRODUCT, YOUR GAME, YOUR CONTRACT BETWEEN DEVELOPER AND CONSUMER THAT THE CONSUMER WILL ENJOY YOUR PRODUCT - but instead the damn thing's been crawling out of the console and taking warm shits in my gaping mouth. Swear to god, you should have just added a little door to the console through which a hand pops out and flips me off, because I am insulted that your QA or testers or whatever brainless shitstove three genes short of a monkey FAGNUT signs your games through thought that a person with more than a single ****ing digit IQ could enjoy Story Mode Chapter 7. INSULTED.

WORK WITH ME HERE: The goal's simple enough! Come in first! Hey, that's fine, it's just like playing the grand ****ing prix; not a problem! Only deal is your cross-eyed team of tongue-slapping wunderkind decided to give the game every single ****ing advantage possible TO THE GAME rather than me.

How in the **** does Black Shadow - whose car is the heaviest and lamest piece of shit next to the Crazy Bear - suddenly become SO ****ING GOOD that he can stay in first without using a drop of boost? Huh!? Why!? You never see this shithead anywhere near the top ****ing 20 in a normal race. BUT HO HO HO THIS TIME HE'S MEGA-COCK, THE FASTEST FAGGOT IN THE WORLD. 1.21 GIGAWATTS MARTY, LET'S GO BACK TO THE ****ING FUTURE.

But it's not just Black Shadow with the magical powers, it's the entire ****ing lineup of racers! THEY'RE ALL FASTER THAN YOU. AND DON'T REQUIRE ANY BOOST.

But but but I of course, am still driving some piece of shit hamster-powered jalopy who guzzles it's entire energy bar in no less than four ****ing boosts! Add to this the entire course just got shitted on by some retarded space tiki volacano god and you've got a course full of hazards that'll drain at least 1/4 of your energy bar JUST BECAUSE IT CAN. WHOOPIE.

HURRR, you say. THAT'S JUST THE CHALLENGE. IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EASY. Well **** that noise, you lopsided frankenfaced ****furter.

Tell me, please, why does the GAME have to win? Huh? What happens when the game wins and I lose? Is there some huge ****ing kegger waiting for it when it gets done? Is there money involved? Or perhaps the motives are more sinister. Maybe the game's family is being held hostage by another game and that game has it's cock in F-Zero's wife's mouth and he's holding a cell phone up to her and F-Zero can hear her pained moans and cries for help and the asshole game then says, "You beat that cock-sucking human, or I'll blow her brains out." I COULD UNDERSTAND THAT. I CAN BE SYMPATHETIC.

It's not any fun if I can't win, you faggots. I want to move on. I want to unlock whatever piece of shit clown car you have hidden away from me so I can start racing and get pissed off with that too. When your game prevents me from fully enjoying the product I have bought you have failed in your ****ing mission to deliver a game. You lose! You break the contract! You contract the gay and ****ing DIE DIE DIE.

Personally I actually threw my controller at the TV once. So yeah it is hardcore.
post=143557
After 5 minutes of research, I discovered that they scaled it back in 2007 because they were annoyed that bloggers and other non-professionals were getting in on the E3 action, and E3 became by invite only (although they still had an indie gamer section). Attendance was 10,000, down from 60,000. 2008 scaled back further, and had an attendance of 5,000.

Finally, they scaled it back up again, even bigger than before in 2009 and got an attendance of 40,000.

I miss those days with all the lights, bass, technology, and breasts.

This just in, exclusive 3DS footage.
Apparently Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 will be there.

Oh man.
post=143619
Apparently Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 will be there.

Oh man.

there better be at least 5 times the brown in those sequels or i'm protesting.
Pikmin 3. If I hear anything on this I will flip the fuck out.

I'm also looking forward to any news on the 3DS...

/nintendofanboy
Magi
Resident Terrapin
Valve is picking up Duke Nukem Forever you heard it here first
If that bloody women is there at the Nintendo Keynote I will personally swim over to America and beat her to death with a Wii board
post=143617
*video

This just in, exclusive 3DS footage.

I think I played that level in Star Fox.
Give me some news on Golden Sun 3 please and I will squeel like a girl.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Sony is going to have a big Move presence. The conference halls are littered with their shitty ads with the generic tagline:

"Will Change Everything"

Which is the biggest load of shit.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
That is actually really hilarious because anybody in the press at e3 is even smart enough to figure out they are just grasping at straws.

I honestly think Project Natal will have a better chance of outperforming Sony's latest
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
I've never been less interested in E3.

Wouldn't mind a bit of news on the 3DS but that's it really.
I'm just gonna quote myself from last year to describe what I feel so far:

Lol project natalKinect with no announced release date and visible glitches during the public showing, amirite?!

edit: Last night's Cirque du Soleil event was a clusterfuck of epic proportions which is already being hailed as the Ubisoft of this year's E3, just so we're clear on this point.
I wonder if Nintendo will ever make a F1-Race Remake or something... I saw that at a video game trading store the other day and I just went... holy fuck, that game is old... they should say... (WE'RE PUTTING F1-RACE FOR DOWNLOAD FOR THE NDS thingy...)