VIDEO GAME FAILS

Pages: first 123 next last
Post your biggest video game fails. I'll get the ball rolling

Croc on Sega Saturn. A common glitch was that the models wouldn't load correctly, so Croc would be nothing but a backpack, a pair of eyes, and feet. The Gobos were just eyes and tails... Yeah nothing had a body. The only way to get the game to load the models properly was to start your Saturn without a disc in it, open the disc tray with the console still on, put Croc in, and load it from the Saturn's HUB menu. And this wasn't just my copy, this was every PAL copy of Croc on Saturn. To my knowledge, the PSOne version didn't suffer this.

Batman: Arkham Asylum, forgetting that some of the gargoyles later in the game have explosions rigged to them. Come to think of it, even on the hardest difficulty, I breezed through that game and only ever died due to my sheer stupidity.

Halo 3 ODST, going for the Vidmaster where you hafta survive until the end of the fourth wave on the fourth round of Firefight on Heroic difficulty or above. Me and my friend were dead, leaving it to my other friend. There were only two Grunts left to get the achievement, our friend had a Fuel Rod Cannon. He shoots, he misses, the Grunts stick grenade him, we cired.

Brawl. Fucking Sonic spin dashing off the edge of the stage!

Tom Raider Underworld, getting stuck on a particular jump and dying multiple times before randomly jumping off the ledge backwards instead of left and landing on a platform out of camera range that bridged the gap (this is the fault of poor game design) also not realising I could climb some moss or some shit on the wall to get past a pit because I couldn't climb any of the other moss that looked exactly the freaking same (again, bad game design) and facepalming at the recycling of Natla and Amanda (bad writing). Damn I'm glad I traded that piece of shit in.

Sonic 2. Tails. That is all. (Sonic only mode FTW)
Purchased Cold Fear for $50 because I thought it'd be awesome. It was not.
Had one recently in The Lost Vikings:
End of the Egypt world, leapt off a ledge into an area where I have to dodge falling blocks. Turns out jumping makes the fall far enough to stun you for a short while. Needless to say, Eric got crushed and I had to restart...whoops!
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
Pokemon Heart Gold: During a wifi battle, when I was down to my last Pokemon, I used "Fake Out" on my opponent, forgetting that I let the pokemon hold a choice scarf. I couldn't switch out, so I just kept using Fake Out as my way of forfeiting the match.

Sonic 2: Letting tails follow me... Agreed.

Super Mario Galaxy: In the Sweet Tooth Galaxy (I think that's what its called) I jumped straight into one of the holes on the moving platforms.

Pulseman: In the Alaska stage, I got stuck in an area after releasing my voltecker. There wasn't enough room to run around to build up a charge again to use the voltecker and get out of there, and since there is no way to save, I had to start over from the first level.

Pokemon Blue, doing the Nuzlocke Challenge: Against a team rocket's Raticate, I didn't switch out or heal my Ivysaur because I thought it only knew quick attack and tail whip. Turns out, it used Hyper Fang just as soon as my monster was weak enough, fainting my starter pokemon. Since the Nuzlocke Challenge forces you to release your pokemon after fainting, I was pretty much fucked for the rest of my trip in Mt. Moon.
Every time I try to play Modern Warfare 2 to see what the fuck people see in it, and to test out cooky weapon combos since I was hacked to have every unlock.

*NO UAV up*
*Sneak up on sniper with silent footsteps while hiding in brush on the opposite side of the building*
*Sniper pops out DEAD! LULZ*

___KILLCAM___

*Sniper staring at landscape at opposite end of where I'm coming from*
*Sniper instantly turns around, goes around building; guns me down, and goes back to former spot*

Seriously, everything you do in that game feels like you're trying to move around in liquid shit. Want to quickly react to that guy who just appeared infront of you? NOPE; you need to stop running first. Carefully walk around corners wary of nearby footsteps? NOPE there's a guy laying prone somewhere it's impossible to see him? OH WAIT NO NOT HIM THE OTHER GUY ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TINY MAP LOOKING OUT OF A WINDOW OH WELL.

Or those moments when I say "Fuck it" and go for the SMG / speed combo!

*See two enemies run passed me*
*Quickly move through cover and execute two of them with the SMG*
*Swap to shotgun*
*Run around the corner, jump shot kill on the guy running up*
*DEAD!*

__KILL CAM__

*Guy sitting in window sprays vaguely in your direction. DEAD!*
Clicking save game when meaning to click load game on an emulator in... too many different games to list. Worst case scenario, when first loading the emu, and having a fairly lengthy load file.
YDS
member of the bull moose party
I frequently forget which direction I am walking in. So if I am exploring around and I get a random battle, I forget which direction I came from and will oftentimes walk and end up at the entrance.
post=143934
I frequently forget which direction I am walking in. So if I am exploring around and I get a random battle, I forget which direction I came from and will oftentimes walk and end up at the entrance.

I did this in Eternal Sonata, but only 'cause I turned round to get a sneak attack on an enemy. Ended up walking back through the entire dungeon, before realizing "Wait, haven't I been here before.... oh wait...."

EDIT: Add another one from Lost VIkings to the list. Didn't want to restart an entire level again if I screwed up while recording it, so I save stated it. However, 'cause my Savestate keys are near to my X and Y keys for ZSnes, I clicked Load State 3/4 times, making me dodge one trap a good 4 times, argh!
Halo 3:
I was Sniping and when I killed a bunch of people and turned around this guy had an Energy Sword and said Hi. He was there the whole freakin' time! And I didn't notice.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
post=143948
This is a really bad topic.

Why, exactly?
Dying from collision glitches in Thief. First time it happened in the zombie mission, I freaked out and fell backwards out of my chair.
Resident Evil: Code Veronica

I just barely finished a boss. I used everything I had. I was one-hit-away from death and I had no healing items. I was desperate for a herb but all of them seemed to have disappeared...

Anyways, I saved and went inside an office and started fucking around on this guy's desk. A monster jumped right out of the window and the only way to move forward in the game is to kill him.

I couldn't.

And I died. Again. And again. And again.

I had to use an old save point and start the boss fight over. Not a huge deal, but what if I didn't have another save point to use? That would've 6 hours of my life, gone...........
Played Two Worlds and my horse got stuck in a tree.
Hey guys one time I was playing a video game and I died lol
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
Playing disgaea

Get through 9 incredibly hard item world levels
when killing the boss, accidentally kill ally, rendering good ending impossible
tearfully restart whole process.
Yeah idk I kind of like it when people are blaming the game and not themselves for frustrating fucks up. More anger is expressed than "Heh OH ME!"
In FF6. Celes had a Wall Ring. She got frozen. I tried to Unfreeze her with Fire. Then the wall ring hit the boss, who absorbs magic and then the boss hit Locke with a normal attack and he died. And then Celes got unfrozen but died because of level 4 Flare. GAEM OVER!
Pages: first 123 next last