RM2K3 MP3 LOOPING

Pages: 1
Rght so I'm trying to loop an mp3 track in 2k3 which loops seamlessly in Audacity and in 2k3 when it's in WAV format, however when in mp3 there's a tiny bit of silence at the loop point which sorta ruins it. I could use the WAV, but the file's 12mb for about a minute's worth of music. Hardly the most efficient method. Anyone else get mp3 looping working alright, and if so how?
Loops fine on mine. Of course the rpg_rt is ver 1.08.
Yeah, I'm on version 1.08 as well. Very strange.
I have the same problem. My rm is also v1.08. I don't know if it's fixable, I've tried different versions before... what I do is either using wavs (if the sound is not long, not an entire music track) or use mp3 that don't sound weird with the tiny gap.
Might be worth looking into compressed WAVs then seeing as they seem to work fine. I know you can get them down to a respectable file size, but whether it'll sound alright is another matter...
Are you sure that the rpg_rt.exe itself is ver 1.08? Not rpgmaker.

Edit: What about harmony.dll. It could be old.
RPG_RT.exe is version 1.0.8.0 according to the 'details' tab in it's properties. I'm not sure how to check harmony.dll's version.
Mine is 462KB (473,600 bytes) since I can't tell the version either.
I'm just gonna have to wav it up and live with extremely high file sizes by the looks of things. Unless I can get Disharmony to work. It doesn't look hopeful.
I've had good (and bad) experiences with Disharmony. If you're looking at a bunch of MP3s having this issue, it's definitely worth a shot.
Disharmony lags your game a bit if you use alot of pictures at a time(like I do)
Ah, that might be an issue then. I'm using loads of simultanous images for my CMS.
I've got a 1m11s wav file down to 3.01mb from 12mb which is about as good as it's gonna get without it sounding awful.
It's not the images that cause the sound gap.
3mb is a decent file size.
post=144048
Disharmony lags your game a bit if you use alot of pictures at a time(like I do)

I used Disharmony for Terra Nova, which ran maybe 60 pictures at a time with a whole picture-based font text parser thing running in parallel and never had any issues with game lag.
post=144048

I used Disharmony for Terra Nova, which ran maybe 60 pictures at a time with a whole picture-based font text parser thing running in parallel and never had any issues with game lag. That's the only time I've used it though, so I guess I'm not an expert.
Pages: 1