BLOODLINE CHAMPIONS - ONLINE TEAM ARENA VIDEOGAME!

Pages: first 12 next last
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
BLC is an extremely rad skill-based game with no RNG and is a godsend to anyone with a good sense of game design or anyone who has been irritated by the dumb garbage of various competitive games like WoW Arena, LoL, HoN, TF2, or whatever. Every character has 7 abilities which are aimed and travel to your cursor, there are no crits or random % chance to dodge, etc. Each match is like 3-5 rounds and a round is under 2 minutes so it is very fast paced. The Swedish developers just signed a publishing deal and it's going to become a pretty big e-sport game!

Official Site: http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/
The dudes you can play as: http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodlines.php
Here is a basic gameplay demonstration

An actual match (in HD!!!!) Astronomer and Ranid vs Thorn and Igniter

Thing is, my friend and I are looking for a third for our 3v3 ladder team. We actually can't find anyone who is skilled enough and who is also available to play at the same times as us. If anyone here is really really interested in playing a competitive online game seriously and thinks this looks interesting, leave a message explaining how XX_HARDCORE_XX you are at the 'electronic videogames' and... I may be able to get you into the beta...

Otherwise feel free to talk about how bad Heroes of Newerth is.
Wait...what's wrong with TF2?
post=145070
Wait...what's wrong with TF2?

stupid fucking crits (but I still think tf2 is a good game)
all games are terrible.

tf_weapon_criticals 0.
Is it tough on video cards? I still need to get around to buying a better one. This one can't run Fallout 3 without lagging up after fifteen minutes of play!
Never found TF2 too demanding. It doesn't even look half bad on lower settings.
Ciel
post=145080
Is it tough on video cards? I still need to get around to buying a better one. This one can't run Fallout 3 without lagging up after fifteen minutes of play!

No, I think you just need some sort of video card. The Radeon in my 600 dollar laptop does fine, but I have heard of people (Macubex/Ghost) with integrated graphics being unable to run it.
ANOTHER Dota clone? Jesus.

post=145077
all games are terrible.

tf_weapon_criticals 0.

This isn't the place for your... LOGIC.

On second thought, that match actually looked pretty fun.
Ciel
post=145086

There are no npcs, creeps/monsters, items, currency, equipment, experience points, or skill builds

you go into an arena controlling a character with wasd and mouse aiming and use your abilities to kill the other guys

What does this have to do with dota at all how did you come to that conclusion

Actually heres a part of the april fools patch notes

New Game Mode: Defenders of the Eternals

Tired of getting stomped by players that have been in the beta longer time than you? In that case this might be the gamemode for you! In the Defenders of the Eternal gamemode you will be able to fight AI-controlled enemies known as creeps with lower health, very limited attacks, and for the most part they are not as clever as the average beta tester! Show the other players that you are the best creep killing machine there is. Not only will you be able to feel the joy of slaughtering helpless goblins and trolls, you will be awarded experience and gold for the effort! Spend the gold in the newly built item shop, and if you were to cross path with a real enemy player during this 1-2 hour long frag fest -don't hesitate to use your most powerful attack! With your boosted stats through leveling and with the divine blade of creep slaughtering you will probably oneshot him in a single blow!

Here is a fake character they made to mock the ridiculous ability designs seen in WoW or Dota: http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_gambler.php
post=145090
post=145086
There are no npcs, creeps/monsters, items, currency, equipment, experience points, or skill builds

you go into an arena controlling a character with wasd and mouse aiming and use your abilities to kill the other guys

What does this have to do with dota at all how did you come to that conclusion

It only looks exactly the same, I was actually pleasantly surprised when I watched the gameplay video though.

Actually heres a part of the april fools patch notes

New Game Mode: Defenders of the Eternals

Tired of getting stomped by players that have been in the beta longer time than you? In that case this might be the gamemode for you! In the Defenders of the Eternal gamemode you will be able to fight AI-controlled enemies known as creeps with lower health, very limited attacks, and for the most part they are not as clever as the average beta tester! Show the other players that you are the best creep killing machine there is. Not only will you be able to feel the joy of slaughtering helpless goblins and trolls, you will be awarded experience and gold for the effort! Spend the gold in the newly built item shop, and if you were to cross path with a real enemy player during this 1-2 hour long frag fest -don't hesitate to use your most powerful attack! With your boosted stats through leveling and with the divine blade of creep slaughtering you will probably oneshot him in a single blow!

Here is a fake character they made to mock the ridiculous ability designs seen in WoW or Dota: http://www.bloodlinechampions.com/bloodline_gambler.php

"one shot him in a single blow" what is this i dont eve...

Incidentally; I signed up for the beta; but am far too lazy to find out whether or not I can move using keys or not. Can you / Should you?
Ciel
post=145093

Incidentally; I signed up for the beta; but am far too lazy to find out whether or not I can move using keys or not. Can you / Should you?

Give them a break they are swedish and English is hard!

Umm if by 'move using keys' you are talking about controls then yeah you move your character with WASD, abilities are on Q, E, R, space, F, left click, and right click. They are all reconfigurable.
post=145095
post=145093

Give them a break they are swedish and English is hard!

Umm if by 'move using keys' you are talking about controls then yeah you move your character with WASD, abilities are on Q, E, R, space, F, left click, and right click. They are all reconfigurable.

Ok, I'm sold. It's starting to sound like WoW without the all of the rubbish attached to it.
I'm interested in this game, but not for WOAH GOTTA GET INTO THAT BETA. I'll totally try it out with some friends when it comes out. Whats the xVSx scope? 2v2 to 4v4 or something?
Ciel
You can play 1v1 to 5v5, but unofficially speaking the 'real' game is 3v3.

Ok, I'm sold. It's starting to sound like WoW without the all of the rubbish attached to it.

yes you can pvp without spending 3 months killing boars and another 3 afking in alterac valley lol
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Hm I didn't realize there weren't any items. My biggest beef with games like DotA/HoN/etc is that you need to figure out not only the character but also various "builds" and item paths.
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
post=145098
You can play 1v1 to 5v5, but unofficially speaking the 'real' game is 3v3.

yes you can pvp without spending 3 months killing boars and another 3 afking in alterac valley lol

please stop trolling. thanks.
Ciel
post=145220
Hm I didn't realize there weren't any items. My biggest beef with games like DotA/HoN/etc is that you need to figure out not only the character but also various "builds" and item paths.

yes there is no bullshit at all just the cold hard reality of your wits vs some european with vastly superior ping

post=145221
please stop trolling. thanks.

i will see you in icewing bunker my friend
Ciel
oh no i double posted so i will just take this opportunity to mention how unique the character designs are. In no other game have I seen classes like 'Astronomer' or 'Psychopomp' (my char) It's all kind of based on ancient civilizations which is a neat theme.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Got in the beta. Hopefully Craze and/or Kars gets their hands on this too.
Pages: first 12 next last