WORST BOSS FIGHTS

Pages: first 123 next last
Some boss fights are epic and entertaining, but there are also boss fights that are downright terrible. Be it impossible to beat or simply cheap, easy, and boring. Which boss battles you think take the cake?

Since this is a new member, if there exists another thread like this then I apologize.
A few of the bosses in certain SMT games made me rage one time after another. If that's what you mean... >_>;
I found a lot of the bosses in Zelda Twilight Princess to be downright awful. Specifically Fyrus and Armogohma, on a count of being insultingly easy.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Any of the Sonic Advance bosses.

If you didn't come prepared for this battle, you had to start the game over. Fun times.
Any Final Fantasy battle where you're totally annihilating the boss, and they just happen to have one move that kills your whole party, and spams that move constantly. A very common trait for Final Fantasy games.
I've been playing DQ4 recently and Baalzack pissed me off. He shouldn't be able to cast Crackle twice in one turn!
The last fight against Seymour in Final Fantasy X. The game expects you to just play around with the wheels to exploit his elemental weakness, but why do that when you can just summon Anima and kill him in one hit?
I don't think you can kill him in one hit with Anima in a normal playthrough.
The FFTA final boss is a fitting end to an awful, awful game. Average endgame party has 180 HP. Each turn, the boss has the capability of using a move that deals 300 damage to everyone on your team and there's absolutely nothing you can do to influence this. Hope you're lucky and the AI is retarded.

Honorable mention to any boss in the 8- or 16-bit era you -must- grind for to have the raw power to beat them.
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
Boost Guardian from Metroid Prime 2 is miserable. His movement is entirely unpredictable and unavoidable. Oh and you are taking constant environmental damage.
post=145534
Boost Guardian from Metroid Prime 2 is miserable. His movement is entirely unpredictable and unavoidable. Oh and you are taking constant environmental damage.

Yeah, that (among other things) ruined that game for me.

Another one I have to mention is the fight between Senel and Chloe in Tales Of Legendia:

The game gives you no way at all to prepare for the battle. You sleep at the inn or something, then you just wake up and you HAVE to go fight her. No shops are open, and you can't leave the area to train. Fun fun fun, especially when it ends the game for you.
I really like the big black border, also what kind of voice acting is this. Im sorry i am just appalled at this video than caring about what topic im posting in.
Woah, I think that game has taken the crown from Star Ocean 2.

edit: Oh, it's an original dub. Please tell them not to do that again.
Puddor
if squallbutts was a misao category i'd win every damn year
Reading this topic makes me realize I have to put some sort of training area in before a certain boss, because unless someone grinds you're about 1 or 2 levels below a level you can beat the boss comfortably.

With my own experiences...hmm...though I haven't exactly played the fight, I've seen it in action, and I'd have to say Wesker from RE5. There's only ONE way you can beat him and if you miss with the only two warheads the game gives you, you have to restart. >:[
post=145442
A few of the bosses in certain SMT games made me rage one time after another. If that's what you mean... >_>;

Nearly every boss in Digital Devil Saga 2 made me want to pull my dreads out, especially the one you fight after the second trip to the Egg Facility.

Strangely, the last one was the easiest boss in the whole game for me, haha.

But my least favorite was this one of a bitch....................

(skip to 6 minutes)

I love a challenge, but this one made me want to slit my throat as it was so frustratingly cheap. I quit after the Mermaid boss from the same game. I wasn't ready to go through that again.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
The final boss of Detana! Twinbee. Fires shots all over the damn place and has those weird, swirling blocks circling him that is bound to run straight into you, and if you are underpowered in any way (also considering how hard it is to get power from bells later on in the game) you are screwed. I won that fight out of sheer luck and extra credits.

The Final Boss of Sonic Adventure was forgettable in how easy he was.
post=145592
I really like the big black border, also what kind of voice acting is this. Im sorry i am just appalled at this video than caring about what topic im posting in.

The whole game was appalling. And I usually LIKE Tales games!
That Tales of Legendia video is a fandub. And it is offensively bad. Why of all videos did you choose that one?

As for the topic at hand...my vote goes to Xaldin in Kingdom Hearts II. The game before him was relatively easy, but then BAM! suddenly spears everywhere! Oh god giant laser beam, can't dodge! FFFFFFF dead! Oh good, Mickey appeared, I can revive! Oops, he got killed too! Well damn...

Several retries later and I win with a sliver of life with Sora in anti form. It was pure dumb luck. Or maybe I just suck at KH.
post=145464
If you didn't come prepared for this battle, you had to start the game over. Fun times.

Oh God Wiegraf you bastard you ruined my life

Man, I bought a PSX just so I could play FFT (for reals it was the only reason at the time, I got a copy of FFT somehow!) and watching that video makes me want to go back and play it. How could they have fucked up FFTA so badly? I mean, it's an alright game (sort of) but all they had to do was port FFT to the DS and I would have been happen. But no, let's CHANGE IT ALL AROUND FOR NO REASON.
Pages: first 123 next last