THE DARK TOWER JOURNEY RECRUITMENT

Pages: 1
ello,

Im CircleDrain. Im not very popular in the english community, but in germany-community they know me. Maybe you alread know the titel. Yes I wanted to create a game from a popular book. The Dark Tower written by Stephen King. If you dont know the book, it doesnt matter.

Now some details:

Story:

In the story, Roland Deschain is the last living member of a knightly order known as gunslingers and the last of the line of "Arthur Eld", his world's analogue of King Arthur. The world he lives in is quite different from our own, yet it bears striking similarities to it. Politically organized along the lines of a feudal society, it shares technological and social characteristics with the American Old West but is also magical. While the magical aspects are largely gone from Mid-World, some vestiges of them remain, along with the relics of a highly advanced, but long vanished, society. Roland's quest is to find the Dark Tower, a fabled building said to be the nexus of all universes. Roland's world is said to have "moved on", and indeed it appears to be coming apart at the seamsâ€"mighty nations have been torn apart by war, entire cities and regions vanish without a trace and time does not flow in an orderly fashion. Even the Sun sometimes rises in the north and sets in the east. As the series opens, Roland's motives, goals and age are unclear, though later installments shed light on these mysteries.

We work with the RPG Maker XP.

Looking for:

-Mappers-
1. CircleDrain

-Graphical-

-Scripters-

- Spriter-
1. CircleDrain
2. Lobstrosity

-Eventer-
1. CircleDrain
2. lonely_cubone

-Composer-
1. lonely_cubone
2. Subsonic_Noise

Artworker

If you think im a noob here 3 Screens from me
http://s10.directupload.net/file/d/2207/vmxdlj7r_png.htm
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1961/jojoasdo.png
http://s10.directupload.net/images/100523/d6b664wt.jpg
( The Sprites in the 2 Rooms are done by me and Daru)

Well if you are interested jsut write in this topic or a PN
Ha, I think that's a "recruit me" thread whereas this is a "I'm recruiting" thread.

Anyways, have you ever led a team before?
Yes, on my profile you can see the Awoken project....Im leading this team...so I have enough experince :)
BUMP :)

Member update.

We dont need an Eventer or Composer anymore.

And here a Sprite for the game.

Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHERE CAN I SIGN UP.

Sorry. I REALLY LIKE the Dark Tower.

You really need help with the writing for this. You may not think you do...but you do.

Qualifications include that I have read all seven of the books, all of the related Stephen King books (Insomnia, The Stand, Eyes of the Dragon, etc.), all of the marvel comics, all of the supplemental material in the marvel comics, I've sold a story at the professional level, I once wrote a Dark Tower tabletop RPG when I was a kid and I have also made a SHIT TON OF GAMES.

I would like to help you with the English language dialogue and localization. I could help you with events/battle balance too (what battle system are you using? this does NOT really seem a good fit with an RPG battle system) but you don't need that and I'm busy so, yeah. English language dialogue and localization. That's what I'm offering.

If you're interested, send me a PM with more detail like your vision for the game and how far you are along in the project.
Max, thx :)

You got a PM :)

We need an Artworker...the important thing is, he has to draw DARK pictures.

- one more skilled Spriter ;)

- A scripter, we want to have a action battle system, with fast jumps and combos and we need an own menu

- and some ppl knows how to create some great grpahics, for example some graphics for the menu.

tardis
is it too late for ironhide facepalm
what kind of menu are you looking for? i do interface design primarily, and spriting and graphic design secondarily, and i just might be able to bust out some menu graphics and basic interface for you.

i'm a pretty busy dude, and i have a pretty big project currently that's my main focus, but i do need frequent breaks and changes of pace- it's more of a lighthearted game, and i like making dark gnarly menus.

examples of my shit:

also i do some mapping if such things interest you:

Wow, Tardis, good work ;)

You got a PM !
I'm fulfilling my own ka at the moment, so all i can offer is my support for this project. I was extremely disappointed with Discordia, and hope that you do the series justice. Damn, I can already see the boss fights and minigames that could go into this. I'm also interested in how the beams will be portrayed (this could easily be screwed up).

Bonus points if you use the term ka-babbies.
Pages: 1