SO, I MISSED OUT ON THE GAMECUBE ERA...

Pages: first prev 12 last
I haven't played Path of Radiance, but I own and have beaten the sequel, Radiant Dawn.

Also, I would've picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy today but then I remembered that Other M will be out next month. I know myself well enough to know I should probably pick up MTP after I beat Other M because if I were to play 3 Metroid games back-to-back then I'd be sick of Metroid by the time Other M hit the shelves. I WILL be picking it at some point, though.

I've decided to kick off this delve in the Gamecube era with Starfox Adventures for two reasons:
1) I wanted to give it an honest try.
2) It was only 7 bucks I MEAN COME ON 7 BUCKS!

EDIT: Also, did I mention the game's case is almost in pieces.

So far, it's alright. Definitely not great as a Starfox title, but it is acceptable with it's own merits.

At my local Gamestop, where I got SFA, the only other game I saw that I wanted (aside from Metroid Prime Trilogy) was Super Mario Sunshine. Their Gamecube selection is horribly lacking. As such, I'll have to wait till I got back to college for the Fall to check out more games (my college town has, like, 5 Gamestops and a Play-N-Trade).
I thought Kirby's Air Ride was fucking rad, but maybe I'm alone there.

Also, I think I played Soul Calibur 2 more than any other game on the gamecube, but if you have ANY of the sequels, it's probably not worth it. Just less of the same.

post=146760
Also, I think I played Soul Calibur 2 more than any other game on the gamecube, but if you have ANY of the sequels, it's probably not worth it. Just less of the same.

I had Soul Calibur 4 for the 360, but this dumb bitch I know wanted it, so I traded with her for Devil May Cry 4, which I--oddly enough--don't give that much of a crap about. I barely played SC4, anyway.
post=146760
I thought Kirby's Air Ride was fucking rad, but maybe I'm alone there.

Kirby Air Ride was the BEST Gamecube Kirby game! Maybe it's because I didn't have it for long, but I don't remember enjoying Soul Calibur 2 that much.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
post=146760
I thought Kirby's Air Ride was fucking rad
Kirby Air Ride is best with friends and Mitsu doesn't have those, especially if you're all checking off opposing records at once.
Kirby Air Ride was awesome. Especially City Battle with 3 other people.
Kirby's Air Ride is a hit or miss... it's an extremely basic racer with an alright city mode. I wouldn't put this high on your priority list though.
Ironically, this was one of the VERY FEW games at my local Gamestop.
Definitely give Luigi's Mansion a chance and Pikmin 1 and 2 NEED 2 bee plaeyyyeed!!!11 (My favorite games)
Also, Super Mario Strikers is good when you have competitive friends around.
I was playing SFA, and when I noticed where I'd heard this track before...

I fuggin' flipped! Anyone know what I'm talking about?? I give you a hint answer...

fuckin' KINETIC CIPHER

EDIT: Also, on the subject, where does the KC battle music come from?
I'm surprised no one mentioned Baten Kaitos 1 & 2 (origins) yet. These are semi-great RPG with a fun card battle system. The music is shockingly good as well (considering it's from Motoi Sakuraba.) I also recommend Gotcha Force as well, fun (albeit a bit easy) game.
Okay I can't believe I forgot one of the funnest games of that era: Simpsons Hit & Run

Man, I love that game. Mr. Plow! That's my name! That name again is Mr. Plow!
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I would suggest Animal Crossing, but there are plenty of newer iterations that make the older ones obsolete in almost every way. The one thing that was good about the first one was (in comparison to the ds version) that you could get nes games to play, nes themed house objects, and you could get those just by giving tom nook a code.

Also, it had better seasonal events, and a ghost that would pull your weeds.

other suggestions that haven't been mentioned:

Good luck finding both, but they're an interesting spin on the rpg genre - if you can stand their voice acting from within METAL BOXES!
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the lost ocean
Baten Kaitos Origins

Batallion Wars
Not bad, realtime esque advance wars singleplayer combat.

Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix
It's fun, also very hard to find. I still enjoy dragging it out every once in a while.

Killer 7 - if you didn't pick it up on another system.

Mario Kart Double Dash
Not only is it a great game, but it's a great game that gets even better with two players as you can both be on the same kart and do the single player together. Puts a LOT of strategy into what characters to have, as they get different weapons. My favourite mario kart. Also, had the absolute most fun "battle" minigame - Bobomb blast. All items are boboms.

Soul Calibur 2 - if only because link is so awesomely cheap. also, they grab attack where he jumps onto someone and spanks their ass with his sword.

I double endorse Tales of Symphonia.
post=146893
Okay I can't believe I forgot one of the funnest games of that era: Simpsons Hit & Run

Man, I love that game. Mr. Plow! That's my name! That name again is Mr. Plow!

Oh man! Totally forgot that game was on gamecube. Not gonna lie, that game was a ton of fun. It's definitely a lot more fun if your'e a fan of the Simpsons though.
Starfox Adventures, now there's a game fail of mine.

I kept dying at the end because I forgot to aileron roll.
Luigi's Mansion was always a cool game, although I found it rather short and difficult at the end. Sucking up the ghosts and bosses was always fun! Also, despise the third boss. It took me and my brother about a year to figure out how to beat him, lol.
I never owned a GC either. In fact the only system I have is a PS2, which is enough for me right now.
post=146688
sonic adventure 2 battle is one of the best games on the gamecube.

By god, I loved Battle, but I played it on the PS2. I never owned a Gamecube either...

post=148836
I never owned a GC either. In fact the only system I have is a PS2, which is enough for me right now.

Get a 360, dood. It'll rock your world.
Pages: first prev 12 last