[RM2K3] MULTI FRAME MOVEMENT?

Pages: 1
I've always wondered if it was possible to make a character use more than just the two frames of animation you're given to work with?

I figured it would be done with a combination of key inputs and branches, but so far nothing seems to work for me.
There IS a patch for this somewhere, I'm not sure if it's for RM2k3 though. Let me take a look~
post=148205
I've always wondered if it was possible to make a character use more than just the two frames of animation you're given to work with?

I figured it would be done with a combination of key inputs and branches, but so far nothing seems to work for me.

I would make it so the hero has a fixed walking but not a fixed direction. This would make the hero look like they're sliding. Then if you're holding any of the arrow keys down just start changing character graphics to the other 7 characters on the same sheet to play through the animation. Don't know if this will work but it's the only alternative I can think of to just using GameMaker or something.

I don't know how you would make NPCs do this.
It's something like WolfCoder said. I've done it before, using SD3 rips. I used 4 frames of movement, and set each page of the event to "spin around". And then a key input would check if the hero is moving.
Ah, that's completely different from what I was doing.
Is there any chance I could get coding example?

I remember seeing it done with SD3 rips in a small game made for a mapping project on GamingW.net's forums years ago. Too bad I never grabbed the coding from it. :\
Have one event that is a parallel event, and add to it a key input process and check boxes for down/left/up/right keys.

On ANOTHER parallel event, add this page:

I just checked, I actually used a 6-frame movement. The charset looks like this:
I must be doing something wrong because my sprite gets caught in a continuous animation cycle and never reverts back to the idle animation.
Pages: 1