SKILL SUBSETS - RM2K3

Pages: 1
I have two types of skills for each character. There is a 'magic' skill which is classified under battle commands as just: Archtype: Skill. All characters have this battle command and can share the skills found there.
Now each individual character has a second battle command with Archtype set to 'Skill Subset' and those skills are unique only to them. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but if a character gets a skill called, let's say: 'Fire', and it is of skill subset Black Magic. Then shouldn't it only appear in the Black Magic subset? Why does it also appear in the Archtype 'Skill' as well?
And 'if' I change the Archtype 'skill' to Skill subset, then the skills they learned in their own unique subset no longer appear in battle to use. I have no idea what's going on.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Archtype: Skill includes all skills in your game, regardless of subtype.
nevermind, I figured it out. And it is clear you didn't understand my problem. But that's okay. Its done with and Its is fixed.
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
I understood fully, thank you condescendingly.
Well, Darkflamewolf, why don't you post the solution to this problem incase anyone else thought the same thing...instead of just making this topic pointless.
post=148317
Archtype: Skill includes all skills in your game, regardless of subtype.
This is the correct answer. Archtype Skill is the superset of all skills.

The solution would be to make a Magic subset and assign the pertinent Magic skills in the database to this subset.

Be careful with skills set to type switch - they cannot be assigned a subset and will only show in a command with an Archtype: Skill
well, here is what was happening, as I was bugtesting the archtypes, I found out that if I made one archtype a 'skill subset' if there were any below that which were ALSO skill subsets, they were be bumped down one space. What this means is, if you had a skill list and you could choose a bunch of subset options for each skill, for example:

White Magic,
Black Magic
Blue Magic,
Alchemy,
etc.
And you put a new skill subset up at the top above White Magic, it would bump all skill associations by one. So all White Magic would then become Black Magic, all Black Magic would become Blue Magic. Eliminate the new skill subset and reset it back to normal 'skill' and everything gets repositioned correctly. Does that make sense? It was what was basically happening to me. So the only solution was to re-create the subset at the bottom of the list and set it to a 'subset' so it didn't interfere with anything above it in the list.
MP tracking is a bit unworthy. No MP percentage spells... "No LIBERATE from parasite eve LOL"
You need a HUGE ammount of MP, since the values can't repeat.
(LIBRA costs 1 MP, SIGHT costs 2, CURE costs 3, FIRE costs 4, BLIZZARD costs 5, in the end, it can get annoying and unbalanced to adapt the spells to unique MP ammounts.)

It's a good idea for special magic such as Demi, tough. Well, I might be speaking crap, as I'm not really confident of wha I'm saying, 90% of the time. @.@
Pages: 1