WHAT OTHER RM GAMES HAVE INSPIRED YOUR PROJECTS?

Pages: first 1234 next last
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you dudes have played or seen someone else's game and wanted to emulate something from it! As for me, I'm always trying to emulate games that have cute or quirky storylines.

- Rose Chronicles
- Wilfred the Hero
- Rainbow Nightmare
- Homeland
- Island Sky
- Grave Spirit
- Tina of the Stars

Playing Rose Chronicles was the first time I realized.. woah, I could do isometric battles! Wilfred the Hero, Homeland and Rainbow Nightmare had bizarre characters but I could still feel a sense of connection. Island Sky and Tina of the Stars just had a nice atmosphere I wanted to mimic sometimes. Grave Spirit too, though I wasn't crazy about the game itself. What about you?
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
sunset over imdahl kinda blew me away. it was such a piece of art, so yeah, i owe a lot to that game! i did not know it was possible to do that visually in an rpgmaker game. i've aways been a huge fan of teo because he's just some RANDOM ART GUY who makes kickass games.
M.A.G.E. (A highly obscure rm2k old incomplete and shabby game) was a great inspiration for me. A very intelligent game, indeed, it opened my eyes to customization.
Also, Paradise Blue was really inspiring, too. (since the beginning of its development, haha.)
Hm... I was really inpired by the TUTORIAL GAMES LOL
And Hero's Realm. Aand... Hm... TAUT. Sunset over Imdahl! The first (quick) version of night of marian for 2k3.
Wilfred the hero... Can't... Remember... Very... Well....
I'm...honestly not sure.

Most of my game ideas revolve around a single game world, which has been developing for something close to a decade now. I'll sometimes see something in an RM game that looks interesting (such as the skill system in Legacies of Dondoran) I'll play with it for a while, but no guarantees it'll really spark anything.

Does it count if you wish you could rabidly plagiarize something? If so, then I'm claiming Deckiller's mapping as the standard I wish I could attain.
Basically anything that you played that you took some idea from for your own project. Doesn't have to be just visual-wise or plot but maybe gameplay too! Or what about things you would like to emulate in the future? There are aspects of Balmung Cycle's battle system, like the Divine Influence thing, that I wouldn't mind putting in a future game.. heh...

post=148484
sunset over imdahl kinda blew me away. it was such a piece of art, so yeah, i owe a lot to that game! i did not know it was possible to do that visually in an rpgmaker game. i've aways been a huge fan of teo because he's just some RANDOM ART GUY who makes kickass games.

Yeah, Sunset Over Imdahl blew me away. If I were more of an art guy, I would've wanted to make a short visual novel game like that.
AAG's limit break coding and the idea to use facesets as bar gauges was originally pilferred inspired from Balmung Cycle.

(Be proud, Magi)
post=148484
sunset over imdahl kinda blew me away. it was such a piece of art, so yeah, i owe a lot to that game! i did not know it was possible to do that visually in an rpgmaker game.

Same here!

Alter Aila was the start of my custom work though, I thought if Neok can do it, why can't I?!
Project wise, Muse "kinda" inspired Alice but it was mostly another game, I think it was Rose Chronicles.
Legend of Philosopher's Stone's mapping and stuff really inspired me to start taking time to make maps more, better looking. And it has improved over the years, so kudos to him.

And Alter Aila played a bit of inspiration for the development of Lost Land Ruin. :P
I'll keep it brief.

- DBS Modding -
AAG
Forgotten Origin
Balmung Cycle
Elements of Chaos
Neophyte's mysterious game whose name I can't remem-Oh wait, Luxenith! ...Why do I even still remember that? D:

- How to not suck at mapping -
Legend of The Philospher's Stone
Zephyrus and The Kingdom of Heaven
Fates of Alerha
Velsarbor
post=148534
http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/6412/Just saying.

Idk that seems really more broad even if some RM games can be considered in the topic.
Skie
- How to not suck at mapping -
Zephyrus and The Kingdom of Heaven

(well, it was a tip Rue gave but it is almost the same thing)

(plus in my case it is more "how to suck less")

Also what Darken said. I've pulled a lot more inspiration from other sources than RM games. This is more of a niche topic in comparison but still relevant to the community IMO.
Legendary Legend inspired me to up the ante in the comedy department even further in my game.
Seriously, that game is legend.
^I agree.

Total and Complete Chaos were both inspired by Take Down Legacy: Remix. Total Chaos moreso.

Vanity was inspired by a Killer 7 fangame. I loved the look so much, I sought to see if I could make a similar looking game. Yes, it was wrong, but I wanted to 'challenge' myself a bit more. Here is the vid of that game: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ozTC5ohPD8)

I played through quite a few RM games prior to Onyx, but I'm not sure if any of them really inspired me. Same goes for MMZ.
Sunset Over Imdahl, Alter Aila, Paradise Blue
dragonheartman
Developer, Starless Umbra / Heroes of Umbra
Velsarbor. T_T
Wilfred The Hero inspired me to make my own custom menu and battle system... I'm having crazy ideas of making a game with a card-based battle system....
Pages: first 1234 next last