WHAT OTHER RM GAMES HAVE INSPIRED YOUR PROJECTS?

post=152904
If anyone knows any of those games, please tell!

I know the second one is called Golden Sun.

Mystic Lands by JKB looked good. He used to have tons of videos of it up, but since it's cancelled he took them down. There's a trailer on his website along with his other games (all of them being quality). I guess he finally realized that large scope games of that quality are simply not possible when you're just one man...
TFT
WHOA wow wow. two tails? that is a sexy idea...
jkb, man, what a super star. everything he ever posted was A++

another hero vanishes into obscurity.
post=152211
Fimbul - This game was looking awesome.

Dude, half my folder must be Fimbul stuff.

I remember the Youtube video of this town's NPCs' routines. Good stuff.

The other half is Space Opera Noir.

DE stuff

Interfaces, etc

them equips

post=152211
I think these screenshots inspired me more so then games that were released because of how polished and awesome looking they were.

Same here. I probably would have disliked Fimbul as a game (battles were probably boring, writing looked terrible). Without taking "Fimbul the game" into consideration, I could look at "Fimbul the screenshot" and have something to look up to. Like, "I gotta make a game as good as this looks." Or something. tl;dr appealing screenshots are quick sources of inspiration. Of course, inspiring games or even demos are even better, but...
post=152904
they're just awesome.

post=152805
tau posted the "golden age" of rm. it's refreshing to gaze into the past and then be cockblocked by endless VX and XP RTP. what a rude awakening....

I feel like an old person complaining about modern times or something, but I feel the same way about the pre-XP era of RM. Maybe it's just the nostalgic feelings of an RM2k enthusiast but...those were the days...

Sometimes I wonder what Don Miguel is up to now.
I am more inspired by SNES graphics and animations than RM screenshots, but i guess thats not the point of this topic... Honestly I can't really think of a game I drew serious inspiration from other than "oh this dude figured out how to make the rm2k3 dbs not suck" or something.
Max McGee
with sorrow down past the fence
What is Space Opera Noir? Can has?
@Calunio one of those seems to be Gens(2)?
post=152971
What is Space Opera Noir? Can has?

"The Stars Sing A Terrible Song Of This War-Torn Galaxy"

...but unfortunately one cannot has vaporware. :'[ They're just screenshots that were posted on the GW forums a few years ago by a user called TheEvil Resident IIRC. I haven't seen any evidence of activity on the part of that user ever since, let alone of progress on his game. Makes me wanna make a sci-fi themed game just to try and counter the injustice of it never being released...
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Calunio I know some of those..

1st one is Secret of Evermore I think, SNES game, second one is Golden Sun. 3rd one is Abstract Paroxysm(Spelling?) 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th have no idea but the 8th one is Aedemphia. 9th one is Gens 2 or 1 by Christophomicus. 10th Who knows, 11th is Ascendence and the last one was a Rpgmaker game I remember that was supposed to be about creating your own TV Network.

You guys remember or know of these games..

vaporware screenshots are not "games" B)
DE
*click to edit*
Zohaib's next project after Grave Spirit, Chrono Something fangame (with art by Celera), Ara Fell?, Winter?, Fates of Alerha, Nightside Wallflower, and the last one I don't recall seeing before.

Oh, and it's cool someone liked my mockup :) I have many more on my Pixeljoint account, and I guess I should start submitting all the stuff I have laying on my HD that hasn't seen the light of day... yet.

Is the worst. It's almost as ugly as the overdose of lens flare title screens from ages back except replace 'lens flare' with 'took a shit of a different colour in different places'.

Is the second. I can barely see the combatants thanks to the pointless shadow and how clustered together they are while over half the screen is wasted. Interface probably had about four seconds of thought go into it too.
DE
*click to edit*
As for Calunio's screenies:
1st one is definitely not Secret of Evermore, it's an RPG Maker game (just look at the sprites!).
2nd looks like someone had ripped Golden Sun graphics and created a sample map. Is this even from a game?
3rd is Abstract Paroxysm (Dahntay! :D
4th is Lennus 2 (SNES game).
5th looks like a sample map made from some Japanese original tiles and sprites (I'm pretty sure I've seen those graphics on a Japanese site).
6th is a Faroz Flare (the guy) map.
7th - no idea.
8th is Aedemphia.
9th is some fucker stealing Ocean's original sprites made for Eldritch.
10th - no idea.
11th is Ascendence.
12th is some game I believe has (had) a gamepage here on RMN.
post=153004
vaporware screenshots are not "games" B)

Yeah.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
Rise of the Third Power, Hero's Realm, Zephyrus and the Kingdom of Heaven, Kinetic Cipher (Again), The Sword and the Fish.
Max McGee
Maybe this topic should be called "what vaporware inspired your projects?"...also Tau, Abstract Paroxysm is really not that good. I mean, it is quite POLISHED but there isn't much there TO polish, it's kind of hollow and empty in terms of its actual content. I know, I was a fan back in the day and also friends with its creator. I played the demo and everything of substance was kind of meh. Not a bad games by any means. Also none of the screenshots you have up (that I can see) are of it.

Also I always find Craze's games inspiring. I love numbers.
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=153356
Also I always find Craze's games inspiring. I love numbers.

Let me inspire you.
WEAPON POWER (W-PWR)
-Weapon (Slash/Pierce/Bash) damage
-Equips range from ~20 to ~180 total
-Base = Equip * STR * (Weapon Mastery / 10) / 100

In Karsu and I's project, masteries raise the power that stats have to adjust how much you are affected by an equip's bonuses. 0_o

Base Mastery is 50 and slowly improves as you fight with a weapon/armor/off-hand type. Base attribute (such as STRength) is 20 and does not improve with levels.

EDIT: ...okay, guess hide tags suck. Removing code tags.
Tau
RMN sex symbol
@Max - I only mentioned Abstract.. Whatever in relation to it being shown on the last page. I feel pretty much the same about that game. Back in the day I thought it was a good game with some nice graphical touches. But the actual game side to it is pretty bland, and hasn't aged well seeing as I tried playing it last year, bored the hell out of me. Style over substance most of the games(If not all)screenshots Ive posted up.

I always knew I could make a good looking game, just never sure I could add that certain something to make it stand out on it's own merits.

BTW do you know what Dark Chrono is up too nowadays?
Max McGee
I wish, last time I heard from him was as much as like five years ago.
Redmoon Saga (a VERY OLD game) inspired me to the fullest.