A HIATUS ENDING~!

Pages: first 123 next last
Hi everybody! It's been a really long time, and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by the years and years of games-making history that I've missed. So what's happened since 2007, the last time I really poked my head in here? What are the big games and the big engines and the big events? Who's still around from the old days? Bopping around the site briefly has made me realize I miss it. :D

So what should I play first???

Lys
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Hey there!

I'm a newbie; I started making RPGs when you stopped, heh.

Start with whatever you feel like starting with; I'm not going to start a self-promoting competition at your expense :)
Play Exit Fate. Excellent game!
Ascendence and Alter A.I.L.A Genesis are unfinished as yet but have some excellent demos.

Oh and welcome back!
Yellow Magic
Could I BE any more Chandler Bing from Friends (TM)?
omigodomigodomigodomigodomigodomigod liek can I have your autograph plz plz plz
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
There is this big game going around that has been very exciting. As for what games, you can check out Visions & Voices and Avarice if you want to experience some bigger RMVX games.

Sailerius
did someone say angels
Heya and welcome back. A good way to pick out what big games you've missed is to check out the Misao results since then.
holy fuck it's Lysander

Glad to see you've returned. The aforementioned games they mentioned are some of the ones you should check out!
The Misaos are still around! Excellent! And thanks for the recommendations so far -- I'll start with those. :)

Hi WIP!

Lys
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
OH YEAH SEE THAT, LYS CALLED ME OUT BY NAME

*prints the post out and frames it*

Hey.
Sorry for assuming you were dead, ironically I just made that comment yesterday on the Line's End page. Glad you're not dead though!

I've been making games since the early days but never became active until last year :P

May your legend continue!
OH YEAH WIP? I BET YOU'VE NEVER WATCHED CSI ON HIS COUCH AND SLEPT WITH HIS WIFE.

Anyway, yeah, Exit Fate is really good. But if you really want to see the ultimate accumulation of most of the community's past few years, Action 52 Real Men Edition .
Heya. This was a recent RMN event led by me that recently ended. It's an interesting read: http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/5818/

Other than that, there's a few community games you ougha check out. First there's the Christmas Card game, led by YDS, which has a multitude of injokes but could be entertaining to those who don't understand.

Then, there's the Befuddle Quest series, a bunch of community puzzle games, led by kentona.
BQ1
BQ2
BQ3
BQ4
The 5th one is starting soon... it's going to be time-travel themed, I think.

You can check out the event calendar for other community events.

Another community event was Super RMN Bros., a community made Mario game. Or just watch Brickroad's ongoing LP of said game.

There were some contests that went around recently:
Game Chill (Winter 2009)
Game Gale (Spring 2010)

Some other games that are somewhat recent to play are Ascendence, and Desert Nightmare. (Which was translated from German.)

Some other games in development to keep an eye on:
-Rainbow Nightmare
-The Asgard Chronicles
-The Colony
-Muse

Welcome back. I like writing long posts.
LYS PLAY MY GAME!!!!
*links all games in topic*

Play what you think looks interesting. Read reviews, etc. Just like anybody else would!
Finally the Lys, has come back to RPGMaker Entertainment!!! In RMN!!! :D
Tau
RMN sex symbol
Hope you stick around for awhile, maybe some updates on a certain something and see what the next generation of Rpgmakers is doing now. Aas well as a few GM and iKa games that are also worth mentioning. Iffermoon would be a good start though, something different.
post=149021
LYS PLAY MY GAME!!!!
*links all games in topic*

Play what you think looks interesting. Read reviews, etc. Just like anybody else would!

Way to troll. Honestly, I see nothing wrong with trying to promote your own game, especially in a thread where someone is asking about people's games. I agree in that you should play whatever looks interesting though.
post=149027
Way to troll. Honestly, I see nothing wrong with trying to promote your own game, especially in a thread where someone is asking about people's games. I agree in that you should play whatever looks interesting though.

I see nothing wrong with trying to promote your game either. But first off, he is looking for games to play, which means the game has an actual release. I could go on about how dumb this is getting, so let us drop it. ;)

http://rpgmaker.net/forums/topics/2630/
http://rpgmaker.net/misaos/
Pages: first 123 next last