RM2K3 BUFF ISSUE

Pages: 1
edchuy
You the practice of self-promotion
I'm currently playing a Rm2k3 game where my party members are wearing some accessories that buff them automatically. Apparently, when I revive one of them, it can cause the ATB gauge to get stuck due to a known Rm2k3 issue. Can anybody confirm what they know about this? Thanks a lot in advance.
If anything, rm's gauge usually stops where it is and continues from there when needed. Maybe you can explain the whole scenario?
edchuy
Basically, I have characters wearing accessories that auto-buff them (increased speed, magic, strength and/or defense). When one of them dies, not too often when I revive him/her they'll revive, but with the ATB gauge stuck at 0, making them defenseless and useless during the fight. The rest of the members and enemies have their ATB unaffected ... This continues to happen even when they die and are revived once again. That's the scenario.

Normally it hasn't been an issue in the game, but since I'm dealing with a pretty long battle (over half an hour), it eventually happens and pretty much makes it a lost battle (keeping in mind it is an active ATB that were talking about) especially if one of my key members (healer or somebody who has an attack that does lots of damage) has this issue affect them . I'm ticked off as you can imagine when it happens ... It would seem that somehow I would have to get lucky for that not to happen.
It would probably be helpful if you could explain to us what conditional triggers and whatnot you have set up to make those accessories work. Without an idea of how you coded everything, we're not going to be able to make much ground.
edchuy
It's a game I have been playing that wasn't developed by me. Anyway, I am happy to say that I got lucky enough to not have issue appear during the fight to be able to finish game, finally. The thing I was wondering is whether this is something somebody else has encounter either as a developer or player. It was frustrating to face this issue (whether script or RM2k3 related), because there's no logical reason for it to happen at all. BTW, it seems that you can sometimes get the character's stuck ATB gauge if the get physically hit. If somebody can tell me something about it and if perhaps they have been able to solve it, I can then forward this info to the game's developer so it can hopefully be fixed. Otherwise, I don't know if anybody else will have the patience to finish the game.
post=149375
(keeping in mind it is an active ATB that were talking about)
There's your issue.

Set it to Wait.
post=149468
It's a game I have been playing that wasn't developed by me..

Ah, sorry. Missed that little tidbit when I scanned your post, haha.
edchuy
post=149470
Set it to Wait.

Unfortunately, there's no Passive ATB option. I have suggested it to the developer, since that would definitely make it less hard to play.

post=149471
Ah, sorry. Missed that little tidbit when I scanned your post, haha.

That's OK, I know you are trying to help ... I suspect I have found this issue (very rarely) in other games, but never has it shown up at some point in time in several tries of the same fight. Not surprisingly, when I changed my strategy to shorten the fight, I guess I didn't give it enough time to appear before I won the battle. The two times before that, it was so bad that my stuck, defenseless character was the only one remaining. In the next to last try, the worst happened: first, it happen to one character, which when he or she died, I decided not to revive, and then, it happened to the last one standing. As you can imagine, having it happen every single time (it was easily 20 times, at least) I survived long enough for it to eventually happen and causing me to see the "Game Over" screen was no fun at all ...
Pages: 1