(HELP)MAKING A GAME RESTART

Pages: 1
Heya peoples.

Im doing the Befuddle Quest: Zack back to the future event
and i need to know how to i make it so that it restarts the game but dosnt
end the game

Oh and its for Rpg Maker 2003
Well, in what way would you like it to restart? Resetting a game usually entails placing your character back to their starting point, and setting all or most of your variables/switches back to their initial states. How much work you do here depends on to what extent you want to restart the game.
Well yeah.
I want to make it so it returns back to the starting point
have a variable set to the value of the map ID of the hero (found under "sprite" in variable menu)
have an variable x set to the x coordinates of your starting point and another variable y to the y coordinate of your starting point, and then use "recall memorized position" using those 3 variables.

if you move any events, like push a rock or anything like that or otherwise need events to reappear on their "starting points" you pretty much have to use "change event location" choose the event and set them whereever they're supposed to be.
And if you let me know the specifics when you submit, I will test out your map before I add it to the game and if the Map Resetting stuff doesn't work quite right, I can usually hack in a fix.
Thanks Kentona

Well the restarting stuff is cuffudleing my brain

Do you think you could make it restart??
Pages: 1