REDOING MY WEBSITE

Pages: 1
So, I'm basically redoing my entire website to make it look a lot more professional and generally more asthetically pleasing. I know exactly what I want to do, however I only know basic HTML and if I create this in Flash I worry it would be difficult to update on a regular basis, so I'm basically asking what my best bet is to make this site.

Here's some images of what I want to do.

If any of you guys have any ideas as to how to go about this, that would be awesome.
Well there isn't really an easy solution with only HTML knowledge. You can try jQuery. It's a javascript framework but works by CSS selectors, so tends to be relatively easy to learn.

Quick Google search brought up this. I didn't see anything exactly what you want, but there are some that are close enough you can probably take them and make tweaks to get what you want.
Make a wordpress website with a portfolio layout and edit the skin images. Easiest way I can think of without learning HTML.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
no way in hell can you pull that off in html.

If you really wanna do that learn or hire someone with php knowledge, or you can try finding an html template that suits your needs and edit it.

But the latter sure as hell won't look like what you want.
post=154543

If you really wanna do that learn or hire someone with php knowledge, or you can try finding an html template that suits your needs and edit it.

Yeah, totally impossible to do stuff more complex then this with only html.

Also, I've played with a full remake of Amiga was made in HTML5 and JavaScript, but unfortunately it has disappeared from the internet.
Despite
When the going gets tough, go fuck yourself.
I'm so sorry html God

please atleast code me a tissue
K-hos
whoa You guys are hi-chaining without me? That's just not right. :<
post=154776
post=154543

Except last time I checked java script wasn't html.
post=154776
post=154543

Also, I've played with a full remake of Amiga was made in HTML5 and JavaScript, but unfortunately it has disappeared from the internet.

Soon as they figure out pressure sensitivity, maybe someone will finally have a decent free alternative to Photoshop, since GIMP can't/won't ever get it's shit together.
I'll look into jQuery. I think I could use the examples there to learn the basics and alter them to suit what I'm looking to do.

I never expected I'd be able to do what I wanna do in HTML, I was just saying that I only know the basics of HTML so my knowledge base of website coding is very small, and while I could do everything in Flash, it would be a bitch to update in Flash, so I was looking for alternatives. I am willing to sit here and learn stuff then apply what I learn =D
If you're more comfortable using Flash you can use actionscript to pull in a simple XML list for the updates. That and even setting up the little slide navigation thing in your mockup is relatively simple to code. I thought you were avoiding Flash because it's Flash. :0
WIP
I'm not comfortable with any idea that can't be expressed in the form of men's jewelry
You should avoid Flash because it's Flash!
There seems to be a lot of flash hate that I was completely unaware of going around. Why?
Web developers Flash-hate is a little less psychopathic in nature than Steve Job's Flash-hate. :P

- embed code isn't standards compliant
- SEO is lukewarm at best
- Flash web apps/full flash sites tend to break the browser back button
- doesn't meet accessibility standards (screen readers struggle with it, font size adjustment is problematic, etc)

I'm sure there are others, some more truthful than others. ;)

The primary reason though isn't really anti-Flash so much as it is pro-Javascript. Javascript in recent years has become a better choice for a variety of things Flash used to be needed for. Pulling in an entire html page with an AJAX call (not refreshing the page) is literally around one line of code in jQuery for example. Flash can pull in html, but it's not even remotely as practical.

That said, you should use whatever works best for you personally. A full flash site that is up, is a whole lot better than something you don't know never getting finished. Kinda like RPG Maker projects I suppose :0
yeah basically. HTML5 is the future B)
Pages: 1