OK, DID I WASTE 3 DAYS OF MY LIFE?

Pages: first 12 next last
every project i submit keeps being rejected, i can't figure out how to use winRAR to play games, should i just friggin' quit while i'm ahead???
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
but you're not ahead you're behind
it's only a waste if you give up, or something
How do you use WinRAR to play games
How many projects have you submitted in three days...?
What are you doing when you download a game that you can't play it? Please include what internet browser you are using.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Wait, so you're not computer-literate enough to know how to unzip something...

...and you're trying to submit software you designed?

Yeah, get a new hobby. (Also, any game you could make in three days is not worth submitting.)
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
(Also, any game you could make in three days is not worth submitting.)

AHEM good sir
post=155264
(Also, any game you could make in three days is not worth submitting.)
AHEM good sir
You guys made that in 1 day. He said games that are made in 3 days. Totally different.
LockeZ
I'd really like to get rid of LockeZ. His play style is way too unpredictable. He's always like this too. If he ran a country, he'd just kill and imprison people at random until crime stopped.
Heh, I actually thought of that before I posted, but didn't want to encourage him. Plus, that was not made within three days of downloading RPG Maker for the first time. That was made by people who knew what they were doing before they started. If they had downloaded RPG Maker for the first time, and then 24 hours later submitted what they had done, they would be lucky to have a town where you could enter the houses.
post=155248
Yeah, get a new hobby.

Unless you were born with all the computer skills necessary to make games, then this just makes you look like a dick.

on a more constructive note:
nate, it sounds like you have a long road to travel before you're capable of creating a decent game, but the truth is that we all invested a lot of our own time into learning how to do stuff like this and your plight is not really that unique among beginners. At most times this is quite a challenging hobby and the time and effort required to make anything passable (even with ez-bake tools like RM) doesn't really make it viable for people to just idly screw with in their free time unless they already have a solid base of computer experience. If you want to make games badly enough, though, you'll put the work into it, and sites like these offer good resources and advice to those who choose to walk The Path. :p

tl;dr basically I think it would be a little premature to just walk away from the scene at this point, but I don't really have any insight into your motives or level of interest so /shrug

we all started somewhere, some of us just had the luxury of an early start.
Magi
Resident Terrapin
You seem to be under the impression that most projects get accepted here. (They don't.) I am not trying to discourage you by denying your submissions, but I speak for most of the staff here when I say we want to see the best out of our members. I could tell right off the bat that you have recently started making games, but it will take months of hard work and guts to reach that point...

Many of us have been in the community for 5-10 years, so that is always discouraging to newer members trying to make a name for themselves. Keep trying, if the heart of a games maker beats within your chest you will succeed...
every project i submit keeps being rejected, i can't figure out how to use winRAR to play games, should i just friggin' quit while i'm ahead???

Spend a month or two before submitting something then. I don't think it's possible for me to make anything worth looking at in 3 days, I barely made something in ~2 weeks and this is supposed to be my area of study.

Also, don't forget the your first ten games will suck rule even though it might not take you ten games to not suck. It means that even if you made something great on your first try, it could still have been magnitudes better as you keep making games.
lol , let the nate906 speak his problem completely
post=155248
Actually unzip refers to WinZIP, unRAR would be WinRAR, although it can unzip stuff as well. RAWR!
Craze
why would i heal when i could equip a morningstar
post=155248

...and you're trying to submit software you designed?

Yeah, get a new hobby. (Also, any game you could make in three days is not worth submitting.)

http://rpgmaker.net/games/692/

~four hours, bitch, and over 400% of your downloads.
Pages: first 12 next last