DECKILLER'S LET'S TRY THREAD

Man, I didn't even think there was 40 minutes worth of content in my game O_O since it was just a demo. Loading the vid now :D
Are the LTs restricted to 2003? There's a host of VX games that would awesome to watch.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
They're not limited to 2000/2003, but I have trouble running some VX games for some reason.
Hey Dec, you can navigate the drive list (between physical and magical) once you are in the list with LEFT and RIGHT keys, it said that in the little help popup!

I'll work on making that more clear now. Perhaps those little pointer arrows.

Also, the running is TOGGLE! NOT HOLD! It said so in the little help popup xD That menu option is redundant, i have to remove it. Just TOGGLE the speed, aka tap once to on and tap again to off.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=155486
Hey Dec, you can navigate the drive list (between physical and magical) once you are in the list with LEFT and RIGHT keys, it said that in the little help popup!

I'll work on making that more clear now. Perhaps those little pointer arrows.

Also, the running is TOGGLE! NOT HOLD! It said so in the little help popup xD That menu option is redundant, i have to remove it. Just TOGGLE the speed, aka tap once to on and tap again to off.

I thought the toggle referred to the options selection.
But man, you wouldn't believe how many of your suggestions I've taken now. Thanks for that. I've even decided to make a quest log thing like you mentioned :D
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Aten, this game has so much potential! I'd be willing to help you with maps.

All of these games have the potential to be epics so far.
Cool, thanks. Also, eagerly awaiting more parts. Now I wish I'd made this demo longer than it is now D:
I'm really enjoying the videos so far. You raised a lot of good points that I didn't even think about it, as well as catching small mistakes that I overlooked.
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
Thanks, guys. Hopefully I found the right balance of positive and constructive feedback.

List updated! I'm doing an LT of my chapter of an Ultima Island community game I made a WHILE ago. Battle system is plain and everything is RTP, but it should be a cool glimpse into my more n00bish days!
Soon enough this place will be supporting video as well as text reviews. They're incredibly effective. Great work Deckiller these videos are really interesting to watch.
PS, the worldmap is BARE, so exploring it is pretty much useless at this point :p Just go for the forest and finish your quest. (still watching so you might have done it already)
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
amazing work squall deck killer. this 'let us try' idea of yours has been a big hit! you'd better watch out though some user named 'yds' is trying to ride your coattails if you catch my drift
I must say I am quite impressed by your videos and I think you deserve all the credits you get, as such a concept is obviously not something started by some other person! That would be silly now, yep, quite silly.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
Seems I've already managed my way into an argument with some guy over his assumptions that I believe all VX users are supposedly "noobs". I would enjoy getting to know this fellow, but considering our first conversation went over like this, which is quite sad due to the fact that it wasn't even a serious comment that sparked it, I might be forced to decline further communications with said character.
Ciel
an aristocrat of rpgmaker culture
post=155534
assumptions that I believe all VX users are supposedly "noobs".

it's not really a matter of 'belief' the facts are laid bare before our very eyes...
Decky
I'm a dog pirate
post=155534
Seems I've already managed my way into an argument with some guy over his assumptions that I believe all VX users are supposedly "noobs". I would enjoy getting to know this fellow, but considering our first conversation went over like this, which is quite sad due to the fact that it wasn't even a serious comment that sparked it, I might be forced to decline further communications with said character.

It was an...interesting discussion. First time people ever got into an argument on one of my videos XD
post=155534

sadly i found it difficult to distinguish your tone of voice, sarcasm or 'humour' as you called it before, from a text comment.

No, I'm not going to be an ass and start arguing with you again, but please dont use another forum to turn everyone against me. You were just as involved and had just as long 'rants' as i did. Stop acting all high and mighty and making me the bad guy...

Also, are you SonofYoungwood Deckiller?
Deckiller likes a bit of youngwood.
Corfaisus
"It's frustrating because - as much as Corf is otherwise an irredeemable person - his 2k/3 mapping is on point." ~ psy_wombats
post=155564
No, I'm not going to be an ass and start arguing with you again, but please dont use another forum to turn everyone against me. You were just as involved and had just as long 'rants' as i did. Stop acting all high and mighty and making me the bad guy...

If I felt the need to turn everyone against you, I would have mentioned you by name. If you call this "acting all high and mighty", I have a feeling that maybe you're just a little too low and sensitive as I've remained fairly neutral the entire time. It shouldn't bother you as much as you've implied that it does if someone has a differing opinion than you, but I'm sure that will pass with time.