HOW TO SHARE TO PEOPLE WITHOUT RPG MAKER XP?

Pages: 1
Can someone tell me what steps I need to make to share a project with someone who does not have RPG Maker xp? It's been a while since I worked on my project and I've forgotten how, but I want to show it to someone via an online download, rather than a burned CD.
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
Go to your project, click on "File" in the upper left corner and select "Compress Game Data" and that might do you. I've never done it before, so if there is an extra step or two, it should be easy to figure out.
Should of been posted in help and requests I believe.
Place the rgss102e.dll in the folder, go to game in the project editor and set the RTP from standard to nothing (i hope thats right) and that should do it.
On a sidenote maybe you should of googled this or something beforehand?

Edit:Jakester!! You got it all wrong! :S
EditEdit:Hang on we both were right! Do what i said first then compress the game :)
Erynden
Gamers don't die, they respawn.
post=155762
Edit:Jakester!! You got it all wrong! :S
EditEdit:Hang on we both were right! Do what i said first then compress the game :)

Well, I assumed that compressing the game project would automatically do everything for you to make it run for those who do not have RMXP.

Yay for being half correct!
I'm not sure where to find that .dll and also, do I just upload the entire folder then?
Go to start on your desktop and type in the .dll in the search and it should come up for you to copy and paste in the folder :)
And yes you have to upload your project folder as long as it's compressed
okay, i did all the steps and uploaded it, my friend downloaded it, but as soon as he clicks new game he gets this error:

Unable to find file Audio/SE/002-System02

What should I do?
o,o you sure you followed the steps?
yeah, the .dll is in the main folder, and rtp is set to none. i can see it when i click on the game configuration file from the game folder.
LEECH
who am i and how did i get in here
You hyave to put all the graphics and sounds from rmxp rtp into your game after youve set rtp to none.
post=155781
You have to put all the graphics and sounds from rmxp rtp into your game after youve set rtp to none.
Which is a long process. But it can be worth it, considering.
Well, i never tried it, but...Before starting your own project, just copy all RGSS folders and replace them by your inside Game folder. so you get all the RGSS resources in your game folder. Then, start adding yours....

That would do it , i think...
Pages: 1