THE FIRST VIDEO GAME YOU EVER PLAYED

Pages: first 123 next last
What was the first vid game (any genre, any system) that you ever played?

Super Mario World - SNES
I beat this game 15+ times in kindergarten, even though most people dont believe me.. ;)
I had beaten it like about 99%
Had all exit gates passed, went into new world (dif colors and enemies), had like 100+ lives
I just didnt have all Yoshi coins

...but that changed when i got it for GBA. Complete 100%
Murder Dog, NES.

Background:

"Murder Dog" was the PAL only sequel to the hit Japanese game "Hayashi no Gaia: C.R.Y.S.T.A.L". Development team Kagomi attempted to make a game which would corner the burgeoning western market, however the game's contents and atmosphere were considered too horrifying at the time and it never saw widespread release.

Characters:

Murder Dog: Protagonist Murder Dog is a high-ranking officer in the Cactus City police force. A copy of the original design document makes references to him fighting a large-scale drug operation, however the actual gameplay seems to consist exclusively of Murder Dog arbitrarily killing and eating random Cactus City residents while spraying blood from his eyes and emitting unsettling 8-bit squawking noises. Poor translation has left the game's plot undecipherable, but we do know that Murder Dog vehemently drags on an animated cigar before speaking and that his comments make frequent reference to a "blazing wheel". His character design is primarily centered around two glowing blood-red eyes, which Kagomi apparantly believed would humanize the character.

Susan Atari: Referred to in the game manual as "Murder Dog Top Pooch Companion", this character is completely absent from the actual game apart from an animated Game Over sequence where she removes her dress while turning into a skeleton. Some commentators believe this section to have been stolen verbatim from failed Kagomi hentai game "Cockroach Whore".

Black Danger: The chief antagonist and end boss of each stage. Black Danger is primarily depicted as a Murder Dog sprite painted black and covered in animated flies, although the game manual inexplicably used for his headshot a poorly-scanned picture of the cover to Grace Jones' "Nightclubbing" album. The appearance of this character ingame will automatically destroy both the game cartridge and the console it is played on.

Goofs & Trivia:

- When Murder Dog returns from the dead in Level Two, he was originally meant to quip "Hot Enough For Ya". The translation mysteriously replaced this with a string of swearwords.

- Entering the Konami Code at the title screen plays a cutscene where Murder Dog kills and eats an old lady.

- Murder Dog cartridges contain significant amounts of incredibly toxic chemicals, leading to some to suggest their existence as part of an aborted chemical weapons program. They are consequently illegal in every country.

- If Murder Dog remains still long enough, he will drown on the blood which pours from his mouth and face.
The first game I remember is Hot/Street Rod 1 on a computer built into... some sort of oil truck. Street Rod 2 is even my favorite racing game, probably in part due to nostalgia of #1 being the first game I ever played.
The first game I remember playing (age 4) was...Diablo 1. And it is still fun today.
probably Digger http://www.digger.org/

i also remember playing lemmings, gauntlet, crystal caverns, cosmo's cosmic adventure, Duke Nukem (1 & 2) but digger is probably the oldest of these so I suspect that I might've played it before 1992.

on a nintendo, probably duck hunt, mario, ghosts n goblins and contra
LouisCyphre
can't make a bad game if you don't finish any games
Ultima VII Part One: The Black Gate

God I love this game to death. Completely full-size open world to dick around in (houses are the same size inside and out!) with absolutely no transitions: Walk into a house? The roof vanishes. Walk downstairs? The floor above vanishes. All seamless, all about a decade before oblivion was a twinkle in Todd Howard's eye (and a year before I was born!). Every NPC in the game has a unique schedule that makes sense based on their profession: most farmers are up at Four A.M., for instance. Slap on the Forge of Virtue expansion and you can carry out conversations with your sword and even order it to kill things (for which it will bitch at you for a good while, both before and after).

And then it has a sequel within its own timeline!

Ultima VII Part Two: The Serpent Isle

This game is The Black Gate on crack. You can drink Fawnish Ale to vomit on nobles with enough force and virulence to kill them; You can find snake teeth that teleport you around the continent, and your Black Sword of Demonic-nessâ„¢ is turned into a fur cap by a lightning storm. Women with body tattoos conspire to kill you while ugly milfs relentlessly pursue your body (only if you are a woman yourself). Statues turn into people and try to stand you on their pedestals so you'll be turned into statues. Soiled diapers will make even the fiercest dragon flee in disgust. You can pickpocket people to their skivies and they'll go about their daily lives none the wiser. Swamp boots protect you from poisoning in swamps but slow you to a crawl outside of swamps (swampwalk). You will be attacked by berserker nudes with no heads.

I still have and play these games to this day. Did I mention I love these games to death? Because I love these games to death.
post=155991
):
I don't understand why there's a frowny face, Darken.

I had the chicken pox in kindergarden, my brother introduced me to the NES.

I was hooked immediately. My second grade teacher would remark on one open school day. "Oh his behavior is good and his grades are fine; he just talks about video games a lot! *WINK!*." My father said something in reply to that on the way home. "No more video games on school nights." Then my grades turn to shit and I started zoning out in school. As a child, I would stare at the window in class hoping friday would finally arrive so that I could do what I liked again.
Super Mário to some kind of chinese/trafficked console.

My childhood game is some shitty bootleg dos game. Compare it to the atari or NES version.
Pac Man. My mother claimed to have beat it when she was 16, but I think she's full of shit.
Pretty sure it was that Atari game where you shoot at each other with planes or tanks.

First I really remember was Super Mario Brothers.
post=156000
My childhood game is some shitty bootleg dos game. Compare it to the atari or NES version.
It could be so much worse. Your first game could've been Friday the 13th on the NES. Now THAT is a horrible game!
Jurassic Park for the original Gameboy.
And I couldn't even beat the first level.
Combat- Atari 2600, 1979

I pwned at tank pong.
Ratty524
The 524 is for 524 Stone Crabs
I can't really remember.

I think it was either Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on the PC or Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening for the Game boy
Hexatona
JESEUS MIMLLION SPOLERS
I think the first game i really remember playing was Rygar for the NES. I didn't get very far, because I thought a scenery Tree which filled the screen was actually keeping me from moving forward, so switched to mario bros.

I think that the first video game I played was Super Breakout for the Atari. It was either that or Asteroids.

EDIT:
post=156011
Combat- Atari 2600, 1979

I pwned at tank pong.
That game was AWESOME.

I also liked the dogfight game.
Pages: first 123 next last