REQUEST FOR A NEW SORTING CATEGORY

Pages: 1
Right now you can sort games by Date Updated.

But, Date Updated sorts them by any update made by anyone: this includes comments made in the Images section and comments (and spam) made in the Discussion section.

What's needed is a "Date Updated by Creator" category.
That way we can easily check for updated versions of games and patches for them, along with any interesting developments that the creator(s) post either in the Discussion or Blog.

Also, some creators have only posted download links in their blogs or in the section where they describe their game.

So, having this new category would alert us when download links are added to blogs and game descriptions.

It should also encourage game creators to post about their game more often to try and spur greater interest, knowing that every time they update their game page in anyway, it'll move to the top of this new sorting category's list.

And people would make use of this new sorting category if it's added to check to see if several games they have or are interested in have had new versions, patches, or info added recently.
Well, notices kind of serve the same function - you are notified when the creator creates a blog or adds a download.

I think the Date Updated date used to be the date the last time something like a blog or download was added but then it was changed to include recent comments.
The problem with subscriptions is you're notified when anyone adds anything to a game's page.

This includes new reviews, comments made by anyone in the Images, Reviews, Blog and Discussion sections, crappy spam, spammy crap, and the inevitable "when will this game be finished?" posts.

Which all kind of defeats the purpose of subscribing, since the purpose is to be kept informed of new developments about the games.

Now if we only got notices when the game's creator(s) made changes to their game page(s), that would make subscribing useful.
But I like being informed about the recent comments on a game page/image, and new reviews. It let's me know someone actually cares about the game in development.
Then make it selectable.

That way we can choose to either be notified when anyone makes a comment on a game page or only when the creator(s) does so.

All I know is that it's rather time-consuming for me to check each game page that recently "updates" to see if there's a new download or patch or whatever, when 95% of the time the update is due to random comments (or ongoing discussions), spam, or *a certain someone* coming through here on his/her semi-annual quest to ask on every page with an unfinished game, when that game will be finished.
rabitZ
amusing tassadar, your taste in companionship grows ever more inexplicable
"when will this be finished?"

hahahaha
BEST COMMENT EVER
Pages: 1